NHL'94 Forums

Favorite Team to Play With

egg

<_< i know i know...i asked this the last time around before the server or whatever crashed and i got some good input...but i want some more responses...and like last time i will start...i like vancouver becuase they are easy to score with and it's hard when i play one on one with the computer and i need all the help i can get...just ask evan :P:D:blink:

Yes, this is a good topic.

My favorite team to play with is Toronto (using Clark-Gilmour-Andreychuk-Ellett-Macoun), but I have about as much fun playing with almost any team if they're having a good game. No passes bouncing off player's sticks and skates, no cheap plays by the opposing team, and a couple slapshots through the 5-hole and we're looking good.

Toronto, Philadelphia, Montreal, Los Angeles, NY Islanders, and Winnipeg are usually my top picks to play with.

My 2 least favorite teams to play with are Pittsburgh and St. Louis (unless Brett Hull is on).

This is all based on the Genesis version.

I play with Philadelphia quite a bit. They are easily my favorite because of the fact that they have great checking ability and decent forward scoring ability. Other teams I enjoy playing with are Tampa Bay, Montreal (with Lebeau at C), Quebec, Detroit, and Hartford.

• 2 weeks later...
Buffalo and Detroit

then Vancouver

Speed and shot power.  I prefer a decent goalie but that is less important than the speed factor.

Kirk McClean is the worst goalie in the game. in a serious tourney i think yo uwould go nowhere with vancouver.

I actually like him better than Chevy for Detroit

oh man, so i played wopap on the weekend and used Vancouver and lost 7-6 and had two goals go through mcleans legs from the wing and centre from two shots in the third period, in a 5 min game. Mcclean is terrible, i hate chevalde but Mcclean is so bad I'd rather put rasico in net. So unless a version with a better mcclean is out van is out of the question.

oh man, so i played wopap on the weekend and used Vancouver and lost 7-6 and had two goals go through mcleans legs from the wing and centre from two shots in the third period, in a 5 min game.  Mcclean is terrible, i hate chevalde but Mcclean is so bad I'd rather put rasico in net.  So unless a version with a better mcclean is out van is out of the question.

RED LIGHT RACICOT!!!

RED LIGHT RACICOT!!!

yes I did school him with mcclean, he is i think the worst goalie starting in the game. My buddy used to use vancouver and I ate him alive. the speed of vancouver is tempting, but they are useless with a goalie like that, even with manual control.

anyone tried their backup?

I'm a big Devils fan and it all started from this game and for some reason Peter Stastny. I played many multiple score games with him and I can't forget it. So my answer is New Jersey Devils.

Pittsburg is a major dissapointment in the game, Barasso is decent, but they are too slow, no one can hit and they all get knocked down too easily. Now, just because they lost to the NEW YORK ISLANDERS, it doesn't mean they were a bad team. I question the creators of this game, because Pittsburgh was the former two time cup champions, and Lemiuex was in his prime. That was my biggest dissapointment in NHL 94. I also thought Macinnis was way off, he and Hull had deadly shots which they scored on regularily during the 1994 season, in the game both are useless because of no shot accuracy.

I'm a big Devils fan and it all started from this game and for some reason Peter Stastny. I played many multiple score games with him and I can't forget it. So my answer is New Jersey Devils.

I like playing as my favorite team, the Edmonton Oilers when it's just me against the computer.

When I'm playing against someone (and want to win), I go with Toronto, Quebec, or Pittsburgh.

This are the SNES best teams

Tops:

Pits:Mario to strong

Boston: Bourque to good in def

L.A: MCsorley,Blake, aouch in def and Gretzky!

Wash: complete team, fast, good def and good checking