NHL'94 Forums

Best player in the game?

badge

So who is the all around best player in the game?

Is it an invincible Kirk Muller? Does Jeremy Roenick get your vote? How about a rough and tumble Brett Hull?

Maybe it's a goalie. Will Patty Roy backstop your team to victory?

With all this intrigue, please post your thoughts.

P.S. My vote goes to an unbeatable Jeremy Roenick.

As one must agree with the overall ratings, Mario Lemieux has to be the most dominant player. He's big and not easily derailed, and can sshnipe gene-dogs with the best of em. HOWEVER, Stevie "Wonder" Yzerman gets my vote, for he just gets the job done for me. An iron man until his retirement, Yzerman kept his play steady throughout the years, possibly peaking in 94 for me.

Whos the best i often ponder, right now stevie wonder! let's go! let's go! - Don Cherry

I don't think there's any players better then the three already mentioned...I think i'd give lemieux a slight edge over the other two...

Best goalie is Rick "can you spare" Knickle.

Next question.

As one must agree with the overall ratings, Mario Lemieux has to be the most dominant player. He's big and not easily derailed, and can sshnipe gene-dogs with the best of em. HOWEVER, Stevie "Wonder" Yzerman gets my vote, for he just gets the job done for me. An iron man until his retirement, Yzerman kept his play steady throughout the years, possibly peaking in 94 for me.

Whos the best i often ponder, right now stevie wonder! let's go! let's go! - Don Cherry

See chel terminology/slang thread.

All rise...

As backhandfloater alluded to, Roenick is more human than human; A one man stampede amongst boys, with the skill sets of Chuck Norris, Cool Hand Luke, Harry Calahan and Ditka, wrapped up into a 6 ft, 170 lb T1000 shell ..Only player who could make a case would be Setevie Y in a remote 2nd.

*bangs gavel* Court dismissed.

I don't really understand how this can even be a debate unless you're just the kind of person who likes to argue simply for arguments sake.

I think clockwise, in his most eloquent way, stated it best.

JR is The apocolyptic force of 94. And my computer almost blew up when someone posted they thought Lemieux was a contender for this title.

I don't really understand how this can even be a debate unless you're just the kind of person who likes to argue simply for arguments sake.

I think clockwise, in his most eloquent way, stated it best.

JR is The apocolyptic force of 94. And my computer almost blew up when someone posted they thought Lemieux was a contender for this title.

perhaps that may be the case for the GENS....but I think there is a debate for SNES... Lemieux seems to score from wherever, whenever...but like i say..i only gave him a 'slight' edge over roenick and yzerman.

perhaps that may be the case for the GENS....but I think there is a debate for SNES... Lemieux seems to score from wherever, whenever...but like i say..i only gave him a 'slight' edge over roenick and yzerman.

Wait a second, there is an NHL94 for SNES? Wow, who would have though, what a bizarre world we live in.

Wait a second, there is an NHL94 for SNES? Wow, who would have though, what a bizarre world we live in.

Was there a point to this, other then the sarcasm?

Best player in Gens? Roenick.

Check out this game he just had in the draft league: http://65.36.133.56/nhl94_draft/recap.aspx?gameid=449

6 goals on 5 Shots! lol

Roenick is the man!

I was at the helm of JR for that game and let me tell you, when hes on... hes UNSTOPPABLE.

This is why hes unarguably the best player in the game:

1)Rarely misses the net

2)Best checker and hard to take down

3)Has everything else you can name, Speed/Agility/Passing/Awareness... did I miss something?

This is not even a debate- Roenick DOMINATES 94 GENS

I, personally, rountinely shut down Roenick whenever i encounter him. Although my vote went to Yzerman, the player i have the most trouble with is Muller. Or Marty McSorley, that guy is a rock!

(only kidding about mcSorley, no need to quote me in outrageous replies against him)

I, personally, rountinely shut down Roenick whenever i encounter him. Although my vote went to Yzerman, the player i have the most trouble with is Muller. Or Marty McSorley, that guy is a rock!

(only kidding about mcSorley, no need to quote me in outrageous replies against him)

I should hope so

Wow whats with these votes for muller- you guys are really overrating him

Ive played with him countless times (hes even in my avatar) but how can you say hes the best in the game- I wouldnt even put him in the top 25.

Also are you talking about your encouters vs the computer AI or vs somebody online /a buddy?

Top 5 Forwards

1. Roenick

2. Bure

3. Mogilny

4. Yzerman

5. Fleury

(Not nec in this order)

Throw in Gartner and Gilmour too. Those guys are sick.

Wow whats with these votes for muller- you guys are really overrating him

Ive played with him countless times (hes even in my avatar) but how can you say hes the best in the game- I wouldnt even put him in the top 25.

Also are you talking about your encouters vs the computer AI or vs somebody online /a buddy?

Top 5 Forwards

1. Roenick

2. Bure

3. Mogilny

4. Yzerman

5. Fleury

(Not nec in this order)

Throw in Gartner and Gilmour too. Those guys are sick.

What about the infamous Brian Bradley? I regularly have him in the 3 stars when playing against an opponent. Hes a poor mans Roenick!

What about the infamous Brian Bradley? I regularly have him in the 3 stars when playing against an opponent. Hes a poor mans Roenick!

If anyone else were to vote this player, I would act like they were crazy. However, in your case, I've never had a tougher time playing against someone when you have Bradley in your lineup.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has played regularly with the Blues should know that the best player on this team that had Hull, Janney, Shanahan, and Brown is Nelson Emerson. He's not on the default starting line, but put him in and he'll control the play. He's the player I've racked up the most goals with.

Calgary's Smyth, for sure.

I cant believe you guys have forgotten the one and only Jimmy Carson, hes an incredible player, just look at the stats ive racked up with that beast, he beats down Roenick every day of the week and twice on sunday. Also, Pierre Turgeon isnt half bad either, one hell of a shot.

Never the Genesis version

On Snes there is alot of great player. Almost any team got at least one.

here would be my 10 best

1- Mario Lemieux

2- Steve Yzerman

3- Adam Oates

4- Wayne Gretzky

5- Alexander Mogilny

6- Pierre Turgeon

7- Joe Niewendyk

8- Mike Modano

9- Doug Gilmour

10- Eric Lindros

Those are the one i like to play best, not mentioning the Yake, Otto, Goulet, Reichel, Selanne..... etc...

All rise...

As backhandfloater alluded to, Roenick is more human than human; A one man stampede amongst boys, with the skill sets of Chuck Norris, Cool Hand Luke, Harry Calahan and Ditka, wrapped up into a 6 ft, 170 lb T1000 shell ..Only player who could make a case would be Setevie Y in a remote 2nd.

*bangs gavel* Court dismissed.

I would also like to add Ray Nitschke's hitting ability to Roenicks skill set. Being checked by Roenick is like diving head first into a empty pool lined with stucco. Only player who might hit harder is Fleury.

No question about it, Mario Lemieux owns the game. Of the thousands of goals that have been scored on my SNES, Mario has at least a third of them. Because of Mario, Pittsburgh is always my team when I'm playing a competitive game.

My older brother favors Philly almost exclusively because of Eric Lindros. The guy is so freakin' slow that he has extra time to pull moves in front of the goal. His sloth is so deceptive that Lindros is almost guaranteed a hat trick every game.

My younger brother insists that Adam Oates is the best player on the game, but he seems pretty frail out there, and considering that he can't be me consistently, his praise of Oates is unfounded.

Talking strictly about scoring, here are the top 5 players on the game:

1. Mario Lemieux

2. Eric Lindros

3. Theo Fleurry

4. Brendan Shanahan (on a very underrated St. Louis team)

5. Joe Sakic