NHL'94 Forums

Sharks sweep Kings in home & home series

angryjay93

Contuining their hot start, the Sharks were able to wrestle away two tough games from the LA Kings. Game one went into overtime as Jimmy Carson was able to score the game winner off of a sweet feed from Mark Recchi to win 5-4. In the second game at the shark tank, the Sharks jumped out to a 4-1 lead and were able to preserve it by winning 4-3 Goalie Tommy Soderstrom kept the dangerous Kings forwards at bay with his sharp goaltending in both games.

"Sometimes you have to be a little lucky and other times you just need the other team to shoot the puck right at you to keep the game close. Luckily for me i had a little bit of both working for me in these games," said an exhausted Soderstrom.

Leading scorer Pierre Turgeon didn't provide much offense in the two games by providing only a goal and an assist. But Jimmy "Six pack" Carson was able to pick up the slack with 5 goals and an assist while Mark Recchi decided to get in on the action wtih 2 goals and 4 assists.

"When you play with Turg and Mark your bound to get bundles of chances, lately ive been finding a way to light the lamp on those chances at an alarming rate," proclaimed an excited Carson after the second game.

The Sharks have now won a season high 4 games in a row and sem to be riding their high, but they still have some tough matchups with Philadelphia and the Rangers coming up on the schedule.

"The success we've had so far has been nice, but we still have a lot of things to work on, consistency is the main one. Too many times i see us digging holes or letting teams back into the game, we need to work on playing a full 15 minutes of hockey," stated the mild mannerd coach, Angryjay.