NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 - The Editor's Cut

SSiG

So yeah, I'm making a hack for NHL 94 (Gens) using NOSE alone. I've already done 4 teams (New Jersey, Buffalo, Edmonton, and Pittsburgh), and am doing goalies for the rest of them right now. I will release it for public testing when I'm done with goalies for everyone. Players from the 80's, 90's, and today's modern-day NHL are in there. With this new project, I figure since I'm no good at actually playing, I could maybe come up with something the community would like.

Features *when 100% complete*

Best/Rest of 80's, 90's, and Today's NHL

Full rosters of recognizable players

Progress Report

[X] Anaheim

[X] Atlanta

[X] Boston

[X] Buffalo

[] Calgary

[] Carolina

[] Chicago

[] Colorado

[] Dallas

[] Detroit

[X] Edmonton *not 100% complete*

[X] Florida

[] Los Angeles

[] Minnesota

[] Montreal

[X] Nashville

[X] New Jersey

[X] NY Islanders

[X] NY Rangers

[X] Ottawa

[] Philadelphia

[] Phoenix

[X] Pittsburgh

[] St. Louis

[] San Jose

[] Tampa Bay

[] Toronto

[] Vancouver

[] Washington

[] Title Screen Edit *not even touching until my hacking ability gets so much better*

[] Any Minor Uniform Changes

Release Date: Late February to Mid-March 2007

I have uploaded the .bin file to my Yahoo briefcase. You can get the file here.

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/4448627bm041e...fFbbdFB1F5snGGM

If you can help me with players for other teams, maybe adding a few players to Edmonton and NY Rangers, then I welcome all the help I can get. I'm also going to try and edit the overall team ratings for future versions, but if someone with more knowledge of hex editing than me (anyone really) wants to do the team overall ratings, let me know.

Well I wish you luck. A ROM like this may seem really easy and fun to make at first, but once you do teams such as Detroit, Montreal, NY Islanders, Philly and Edmonton, the fun kind of goes away and it seems like a chore and downright impossible once you get to the teams that aren't so rich in history. I know how to change the overall team ratings if you need help with that.

Thanks. I'll hit you up with a PM when I'm ready for that. I've already done Edmonton, but just gonna add maybe 4 or 5 more players. I've been a hockey fan since 1993, and went to my first NHL game this year. I'm enjoying doing this :)

• 3 weeks later...

I have hit a bit of a wall with this project. I'm not discontinuing it, I will keep editing, but I'd like help from the community. If you can help me with a team, I would appreciate it mightily. Ratings I can come up with on my own, players are really all I need.

• 3 weeks later...

I have resumed the project. I've already completed the Islanders and Mighty Ducks in addition to the other teams that are done. If someone would like to host this in-progress hack, IM me on AIM or PM me on here. I'm nearly 50% done :P

Progress Report

[ ] Team Rosters

[ ] Overall Ratings

[ ] Lines

[X] Testing

Notable Legends Added

Mike Bossy

Bryan Trottier

Removed

Eddie Giacomin - Mostly 70's.

We have a legit download link, I think.

Download NHL 94 - The Director's Cut HERE!

Lemme know if this link is screwed up, because I'll upload it somewhere else. See the first post for completed teams. That list might not be 100% accurate, but it should be.

Post whatever complaints, raves, or death threats you have here :huh:

well, it's basically the best 80's, 90's, and modern day players for each team, and a few of my personal picks :huh:

Hence why Doug Gilmour will be both on the Devils and Maple Leafs, and why Wayne Gretzky will be on the Oilers, Kings, and Rangers.

No 70's and earlier players allowed. This is the best and rest of the past 20 + years of NHL hockey.

Update. I'm getting help from CamKneely on ratings, so hopefully within the next week or so, the input of players will be stepped up. I'll be in Atlantic City tomorrow, so no work will be done, but when I get back into the swing of things on tuesday, I will continue to put players in and put ratings in. If you want to help, just IM me on AIM (Magus978), or send me an e-mail with the team you wanna give me ratings for.

*e-mail available upon request*

Gretzky only played with the Blues for like half a season. My requirement to be on a roster for non-expansion teams is 3 seasons, or one really huge season. As for expansion teams, basically anything goes as far as players are concerned.

Me and CamKneely did a test of the online play today, and it passed after we figured out what we were doing :D

Penguins (CamKneely) d. NY Islanders (SSiG) 3-1

Goalscorers

Mike Bossy (NYI)

Evgeni Malkin (PIT)

Mario Lemieux (PIT, 2)

Only had 2 penalty minutes, so the action seems slick and fast paced. Not to toot my own horn, but this is the most fun I've had in a losing effort in a long time :P

On development notes, Columbus is going to be the next team to get done, along with some minor ratings tweaks. Some Western Conference juggernauts are next on my to-do list. Detroit, Dallas, Colorado, and San Jose are due up soon.

ETA: February 2007

• 4 months later...

So much for February 2007, huh guys? :lol:

I've been SWAMPED with things here, and have not been able to do any work. I do intend on getting this out by the fall though. I'm gonna take my time with the work and make sure to get things as good as I can ratings-wise.

NEW ETA: Fall 2007 (Maybe September, but probably October)