NHL'94 Forums

#16 in the rafters

Hullie

I would just like to commemorate the raising of the number 16 into the rafters in St. Louis tonight. An honor bestowed on only the best in the game. While it is clearly arguable (proven day in day out on this forum), Brett Hull was the most prolific goal scorer in the game. Prolific purely for the way he did it, the gifts he was given, and the work he put into it. He was undeniably one the most colorful personalities in the history of the game. All this added together equals him deserving my gratitude and the gratitude of everyone who loves and respects this great sport. So Mr. Hull, I drink to you while I use you to score 5 goals on Kelly Hrudey. Muy congratulatos!

post-646-1165370823_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's funny how they recent Yzerman tribute got so many replies and the Brett Hull one sparked no interest. It just proves that no one really watches hockey. Not now, not back in 94. All anyone really pays attention to is ratings. Proof positive:

Steve Yzerman: 95 Brett Hull: 81.

This is the one and only thing that I don't like about NHL 94 and I never have. Hull deserved a better rating.

That's why Yzerman's dick is raw from getting it sucked so much around here.

post-646-1168187170_thumb.jpg

oK, i'll give you self righteous. but "over-rated"? i'm trying to say he's under rated.

sorry, i get emotional over this subject. my best friend is a wings fan and we have been debating this for years.

especially tough when Hullie won a cup in detroit.

I'll give you this: Bret Hull had one of the most amazing shots of all time. Nary a star of the 1990s could compare with that shot.

But that was the 90s...how about this to stir the pot:

Better shot: Bret Hull or Mike Bossy?

Now there is a debate. Comparing Yzerman to Hull is comparing apples to oranges, but this is a more relevant comparison. I'd love to hear from the new NYI fan.