NHL'94 Forums

VOTE RORY for ALL STAR 2007

ThePimpImp

http://www.voteforrory.com/

Basically poeple everywhere are trying to get everybody to vote for Rory Fitzpatrick D VAN into the all star game. Hes not on the main ballot but you can write in a player, and at the last posted results, he was in 5th. Yes thats right 5th.

Everybody go to nhl.com and vote on your all star ballot and write Rory Fitzpatrick in as one of your defenseman. DO not vote for pronger lidstrom phanuef or neidemayer.

You can vote as many times as you liek(and also enter the triop to all star game contest as much as you like)

VOTE RORY INTO THE ALLSTAR GAME

actually, the dallas stars are doing the same type of thing with a few of their players

getting some ads out on tv,

they are funny, and its a much better marketing campaign for the nhl then last years super s**t ads.

Heres the modano ad

One of the real reasons the nhl is in the shitter in the states is because ive heard ESPN doesnt show jack s**t, and gives absolutely no coverage....This was the main reason NHL left ESPN anyway, games were getting no indepth coverage.

-

Ya. This is making fun of the all star voting process, which is a problem in any sport where people can vote for all stars.

Hockey is in the shitter in the states because ESPN didn't give hockey the coverage they deserved and with the lockout committed to basketball more but for too long. Hockey gets very little coverage in the states, that and people just want to watch football, baseball, or basketball instead anyways. I'm really one of the people who believes that the nhl has franchises in weak places that shouldn't exist or should exist elsewhere.

Anyways I live in Canada, so my hockey coverage is fine, and so is the passion for the game (even though I don't have an NHL or CHL team in my city).

But seriously Vote Rory is key.

Yea, I can tell you from living in New York that hockey coverage is nothing compared to Canada. I was actually just in Toronto last weekend and it was so awesome to be in a place where everyone lives hockey. Here, ESPN could care less about it.

Don't think it's going to change anytime soon with too many Baseball, Football, and NASCAR lovers. I hope over time there are more teams in Canada again as there should be.

Side note: Also just went to a game in Buffalo and this was also a great hockeytown. Just great to be in a hockey environment such as Buffalo, Toronto. Great people, great hockey.

ESPN covers the sports that are going to get them the highest TV ratings, which reflects interest. Hockey didn't get bad ratings in the US due to lack of coverage. ESPN even had a show called NHL2Night, which was a half hour dedicated solely to hockey coverage, it got weak ratings and was cancelled. The fact that hockey gets low ratings in America is not the fault of ESPN. They did everything they could to hype it while they were still broadcasting games.

Yea, I can tell you from living in New York that hockey coverage is nothing compared to Canada. I was actually just in Toronto last weekend and it was so awesome to be in a place where everyone lives hockey. Here, ESPN could care less about it.

Don't think it's going to change anytime soon with too many Baseball, Football, and NASCAR lovers. I hope over time there are more teams in Canada again as there should be.

Side note: Also just went to a game in Buffalo and this was also a great hockeytown. Just great to be in a hockey environment such as Buffalo, Toronto. Great people, great hockey.

The border cities of Buffalo and Detroit are huge for hockey, likely because people can just cross the Detroit River from Windsor to get to Detroit or cross Lake Erie to get to Buffalo. And of course, Detroit is nicknamed "Hockeytown."

I seriously hope Pittsburgh get moved back to Canada, Canada needs more teams. A team in Winnipeg would be amazing, maybe if Chicago could get moved to Hamilton it would be good (From what I hear, Chicago's owner is s**t and doesn't promote the team). Maybe a team in the Maritimes might help as well.

I seriously hope Pittsburgh get moved back to Canada, Canada needs more teams. A team in Winnipeg would be amazing

Winnipeg couldn't support a team when they had one. If Pittsburgh gets moved it will be due to crooked politicians, not lack of support. The team sells out regularly, and sold out their entire season ticket package the day the team won the Crosby Lottery. It would be terrible for the league to leave a market with a history of strong support, but then again this is the NHL we're talking about, so it wouldn't surprise me if Bettman was driving the moving van out of town.

Winnipeg couldn't support a team when they had one. If Pittsburgh gets moved it will be due to crooked politicians, not lack of support. The team sells out regularly, and sold out their entire season ticket package the day the team won the Crosby Lottery. It would be terrible for the league to leave a market with a history of strong support, but then again this is the NHL we're talking about, so it wouldn't surprise me if Bettman was driving the moving van out of town.

Bettman hates it when goal production drops by .3 goals per game. He needs to rearrange the Canucks if he wants that to increase.

Bettman says he doesn't want teams leaving now, but he put franchises in a lot of markets that can't support them. Winnipeg could definitely support a hockey franchise now because the canadian vs american dollar thing is considerably more stable than it has been in the past. That said, for some reason Bettman doesn't realize that most of the US doesn't want hockey.