NHL'94 Forums

The Real top fighters in the game!!

mego stretch hulk

In this great game of NHLPA 93 there are some major mistakes when it comes to stat scores. I'm going to list the flawed fighting scores of the top fighters in this game. My opinons are based on my hockey fight knowledge as I've been a hockey fight collector and historian for the last 15 years. In this game the scores rank like this:

0: non-fighter

14: very rare fighter

28: rare fighter

42: scrapper

71: tough guy

85: heavyweight

100: Super heavyweight

The Aggressiveness score represents a players willingness to get into fights and take penalties. Most of the heavyweights have between 80 and 100 Aggressiveness scores. The Fighting rating is based on the players willingness to fight and how much he can take in one. 100 score fighters can take about 3 more punches on average compared to an 85 Fight score enforcer.

There are 4 enforcers in the game with a 100 Fighting Score and only 2 of them are rightly deserved.

Correct scores:

1) Bob Probert of Detroit: The NHL heavyweight champion and is considered to be the greatest hockey fighter EVER to play the game. His score is rightly suited...Aggressiveness: 100, Fighting: 100...NUFF SAID!

2) Tie Domi of New York: At this time in his career Domi was one of the most notorious and toughest fighters in the league. He fought everyone and gets a 100 score on his chin alone. There is no doubt that Domi could take a punch better than anyone in the league. Aggressiveness: 100, Fighting: 100.

Wrong Scores:

1) Basil McRae of Tampa Bay: Sure Basil fought alot and had a ton of penalty minutes but he was never in the fight class of Bob Probert. In no way should he have had a 100 score. His stats should have read: Aggressiveness: 100 Fighting: 85. Plain and simple!!

2) Gino Odjick of Vancouver: Gino is another fighter that had a ton of penalty minutes during this season. He was also a great fighter but not as good as the next two fighters I will list that should have gotten the 100 fighting score. Gino Fighting score should be only an 85 to go along with his 100 Aggressiveness.

The Should have beens:

1) Dave Brown of Philidelphia: Dave Brown is widely considered the 2nd best hockey fighter of all time. No one wanted to mess with this guy and his long swooping left. How Brown got only and 85 Fighting score is beyond me. This is one of the worst stat mistakes in the game. Brownie's stats should read Aggressiveness: 60, Fighting: 100

2) Marty McSorley of L.A.: Marty the Masher may not have had the fists of Joey Kocur or Tony Twist. But he had probally the best stamina of any fighter in the game at this time with a tremendous amount of hand to hand skill to go along with a fantastic chin (I've never seen him KO'ed) and an unearthly amount of willpower/heart. During the early 90's it was either McSorley, Brown or Probert as the top 3 in the game (in any order you choose). Even Gretzkey wanted Marty to be his team protecting him and his teammates. Giving Marty an 85 Fight score is insulting. His stats should read Aggressiveness: 100, Fighting: 100!!!

If anyone thinks I'm wrong about these mistakes NHLPA 93 has made I would love to hear them. There can be no doubt that during this time in Hockey boasted the greatest enforcers ever. Todays enforcers can't even begin to match the level of talent the late 80's to late 90's enforcers had. An there can be no doubt that Probert, Brown, McSorley, and Domi were the leaders of the revolution.

Amen.

Guest cr0ssbar94
In this great game of NHLPA 93 there are some major mistakes when it comes to stat scores. I'm going to list the flawed fighting scores of the top fighters in this game. My opinons are based on my hockey fight knowledge as I've been a hockey fight collector and historian for the last 15 years. In this game the scores rank like this:

0: non-fighter

14: very rare fighter

28: rare fighter

42: scrapper

71: tough guy

85: heavyweight

100: Super heavyweight

The Aggressiveness score represents a players willingness to get into fights and take penalties. Most of the heavyweights have between 80 and 100 Aggressiveness scores. The Fighting rating is based on the players willingness to fight and how much he can take in one. 100 score fighters can take about 3 more punches on average compared to an 85 Fight score enforcer.

There are 4 enforcers in the game with a 100 Fighting Score and only 2 of them are rightly deserved.

Correct scores:

1) Bob Probert of Detroit: The NHL heavyweight champion and is considered to be the greatest hockey fighter EVER to play the game. His score is rightly suited...Aggressiveness: 100, Fighting: 100...NUFF SAID!

2) Tie Domi of New York: At this time in his career Domi was one of the most notorious and toughest fighters in the league. He fought everyone and gets a 100 score on his chin alone. There is no doubt that Domi could take a punch better than anyone in the league. Aggressiveness: 100, Fighting: 100.

Wrong Scores:

1) Basil McRae of Tampa Bay: Sure Basil fought alot and had a ton of penalty minutes but he was never in the fight class of Bob Probert. In no way should he have had a 100 score. His stats should have read: Aggressiveness: 100 Fighting: 85. Plain and simple!!

2) Gino Odjick of Vancouver: Gino is another fighter that had a ton of penalty minutes during this season. He was also a great fighter but not as good as the next two fighters I will list that should have gotten the 100 fighting score. Gino Fighting score should be only an 85 to go along with his 100 Aggressiveness.

The Should have beens:

1) Dave Brown of Philidelphia: Dave Brown is widely considered the 2nd best hockey fighter of all time. No one wanted to mess with this guy and his long swooping left. How Brown got only and 85 Fighting score is beyond me. This is one of the worst stat mistakes in the game. Brownie's stats should read Aggressiveness: 80, Fighting: 100

2) Marty McSorley of L.A.: Marty the Masher may not have had the fists of Joey Kocur or Tony Twist. But he had probally the best stamina of any fighter in the game at this time and also a tremendous amount of hand to hand skill to go along with a fantastic chin (I've never seen him KO'ed) and an unearthly amount of will/heart. During the early 90's it was either McSorley, Brown or Probert as the top 3 in the game (in any order you choose). Even Gretzkey wanted Marty to be his team protecting him and his teammates. Giving Marty an 85 Fight score is insulting. His stats should read Aggressiveness: 100, Fighting: 100!!!

If anyone thinks I'm wrong about these mistakes NHLPA 93 has made I would love to hear them. There can be no doubt that during this time in Hockey boasted the greatest enforcers ever. Todays enforcers can't even begin to match the level of talent the late 80's to late 90's enforcers had. An there can be no doubt that Probert, Brown, McSorley, and Domi were the leaders of the revolution.

Amen.

We can correct these problems with te NOSE editor! :P