NHL'94 Forums

Sharks bounce back against Pens

angryjay93

The Sharks were able to fix half of their problems against the Penguins tonight, and it turned out to be enough of a tweak to manage a 7-5 home win. In a back and forth game, Mark Recchi was able to slam home a blistering slapper past the stick side of Patrick Roy early in the third period to give the Sharks a lead they would never lose.

"I just wound up, closed my eyes and shot the puck as hard as i could, i manged to find a hole and slipped it by," said a relieved Recchi after the game.

Jimmy "six pack" Carson continued his strong play with a 4 goal performance that helped keep the Sharks in the game when they were taking penalty after penalty. But on the flip side of the coin, goalie Tommy Soderstrom is continuing to struggle with his duty of stopping the puck.

"The puck is small enough as it is, but right now it just looks like the size of a pea, i cant seem to find it, even when my technique is good and im in the right spot im just letting the goals in still. A pair of Kirk Muller's goal tonight did that very thing to me, hes a great player, but when im in the position to stop the shot, i need to do it. Im letting this team down and they bailed me out, i need to start bailing them out," said a demoralized Soderstrom.

Some fans have been starting to call for backup Darren Puppa, but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.

"Hey, Tommy is our man. Darren has been working hard in practice just incase we need him and i hope that work ethic carries on. But for the forseeable future, tommy will be our man in the pipes," stated Sharks manger Angryjay.

With the win in tonights game the Sharks have climbed back atop the division, but with everyother team in the division having games in hand, that position at the top is shaky at best.