NHL'94 Forums

Almost upset of the year?

The Deer

Deer just downloaded the GENS emulator a little while ago, but had only played like 3ish games total on it, and they were all about a month ago.

Deer gets a msg on Saturday from kgman- exhibition GENS game!

Final score- kgman 5 Deer 4 OT

I don't like to brag much on these boards, but I'm going to this time- this was one of my first GENS games ever and I almost beat the unbeatable kgman!

Was down 4-2 in the third but ended up tying the game with 9 seconds left on a goal that absolutely came out of nowhere.......... I had already resigned myself to a 4-3 loss and a good effort........... then next thing I know the puck is on Sundin's stick with a wide open net.

Unfortunately I lost very quickly into OT, he went through my entire team and scored a goalie smash goal.

We then tried a rematch, and he was stomping me in that one, 4-0 in the first when we had lag problems and just aborted it.

But screw what happened in the second game, I was too happy with how the first one went!

I would like to try a few more GENS games in the not-too-distant future.

Edit: Played Angryjay in a couple games after that.

Just like the kgman games, almost won the first one, was up 4-3 late in third and lost 5-4 heartbreaker with 2 secs left.

Got killed in the second one, 8-2.

Still don't really know hwo to use the goalie in GENS!

To control the goalie, hold the button you assigned to B for a few seconds. C is save attempt, the other two are normal controls - hitting B will change to a normal player on defense, pass on offense. You can break the crowd meter easily by having a two player game. Score a goal, then give the other team the puck and just get goalie control and mash C.

If you want a game to practice on Gens, AIM me at Lord Setar - I suck, so I should be easy meat for you.

Still don't really know hwo to use the goalie in GENS!

The Deer, so you've switched to the dark side...tsk tsk...(i'm kidding of course)...Close first game with kgman nice work....I found manual goalie in GENS a bit frustrating compared to the SNES since you have told hold the button down for a second or so to activate the goalie as opposed to just tapping the button in SNES and having activated your goalie instantly. A lot of times, saves that you know you would've made in the SNES, you lose out on from that split second difference. But obviously it's one of those things you need to get accustomed to. I've thought about playing the GENS as well down the road. I like the league that dimitry has set up with drafting players and if he continues to have these types of leagues I'm gonna try to get in one.