NHL'94 Forums

sharks are rude hosts for Lightning

angryjay93

History was made (likely short lived) in the tank tonight as the sharks piled up 15 goals in a 15-1 win over the visiting lightning. All three forwards for the sharks had atleast a hat trick, Turgeon with 6, Recchi with 4, Carson with 3, and Bourque pitched in a couple from the blueline.

"Things clicked, not much else to say about what happend tonight, we wanted to relax, but we didnt know the tiebreaker rules so we just had to keep going, its not something we are proud of at all," said a remorseful Mark Recchi.

Defenseman Darius Kasparitis was the only player to not take part in the perfromance only adding a single assist.

"I just kind of laid back tonight and made sure someone was playing d, also i dont feel as bad as the other guys,i put up an assist, what did i really do to score all those goals? if anything im worth 50 goals a season as long as i stay the hell away from the offensive zone," joked a jubilant Kasparaitis.

In his first appereance of the season, backup goalie Darren Puppa got the nod for the third period and was impressive in making 2 saves on big slappers from the other side of the ice.

"It felt good to go out there and be a part of the team, just the fact that the manager knows im alive and i can put these big pads to use is a relief. Hopefully with my performance will warrant me some more ice time in the future, i mean i like to play hockey, its a pretty cool sport," said Puppa.

With 31 points in 21 games the Sharks are nearing the midway point of their goal.

"With the way i see things we need 70 points at the least just to make the playoffs in this division, at 31 in 21 games were on pace, we still have a lot more division games left so that will decide this teams fate," said Angryjay.