NHL'94 Forums

EA Suggestion

Evan

New/Edited Features

- An occasional “brawl” where all of the computer-controlled players on the ice fight with each other during a user-controlled fight, with the corresponding penalties given out

That would be the coolest thing ever to see on a videogame!

And just like 77, I would also like to know if there is any news on this.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

I played NHL 09 on the PS3 and they say they added NHL 94 controls and ya, its not NHL 94 controls by a long shot. Only thing 09 has got going for it is a proper camera angle, FINALLY and useable manual goalie. But yes, I have not spent any $ on a hockey game and will not until they release something as good as 94. Graphics and crap like that be dammed.

And yes, they should of chosen Gens and Snes, not just one.

Bah, I know I'm two years late, but meh.

The issue with this, however, could probably be that Sega is now a third-party developer, yet Nintendo is still in business as a console developer. Nintendo may be less willing to allow the SNES version of the game be placed on a competitor's system... so they went with the Genesis version, seeing as how Sega releases games for all major consoles. This might be me being dumb at 1:30, though, so I really don't know.

I'm also weirdly disturbed at how disliked NHL95 is... though that's not exactly the topic here.

• 3 years later...

Just read this thread, which all happened before my time.

So awesome of Evan to make this attempt to contact EA. It's something I've been wondering about recently. I guess nothing came from it, but it's great to read how some of these wishlist hacks have happened over the last few years (stat extraction, goalie control, weight bug fix, etc.). You guys all rock!

yeah it makes too much sense. There are so many crappy re-makes of already crappy movies being made right now.

It would be the perfect time for EA to make an awesome remake of an awesome game.

For the 20th anniversary EA should give Clockwise a big wad of cash for his efforts and take his 2014 rom update, make whatever little tweeks they want, package it up with the original game with a comemorative poster and sell it for XBox & PS3 for $15 and on Xbox live etc...............and on Wii, cos i've got one & can't afford anything better right now :P

they are notoriously more likely to hit us with lawsuits and "settle" for coopting our efforts if we each agree to buy the initial package release at full price. all love for what hasn't happened, yet, but all doubt and concern for the evidence that points me toward a grimier likely outcome.