NHL'94 Forums

Is there a PC version of NHL 94?

nate

I didn't think there was, but someone I know swears they have NHL 94 for the PC, and on the NHL 94 wikipedia site (which someone migth want to update as a project), it says:

"NHL Hockey 94 was also released for the PC with similar, but not exactly the same gameplay versus the console versions. It also added full season and transactions, as well as the full set NHL awards. Despite these additions, the PC versions never reached the popularity of the 16-bit cartridges."

Is this true? Can someone tell me if they have it and I can buy it off them/download it?

P.S. - I'm talking about a PC specific game release, not emulators. Aparantly you can get a penlaty for running into the referee or something? lol?

I didn't think there was, but someone I know swears they have NHL 94 for the PC, and on the NHL 94 wikipedia site (which someone migth want to update as a project), it says:

"NHL Hockey 94 was also released for the PC with similar, but not exactly the same gameplay versus the console versions. It also added full season and transactions, as well as the full set NHL awards. Despite these additions, the PC versions never reached the popularity of the 16-bit cartridges."

Is this true? Can someone tell me if they have it and I can buy it off them/download it?

P.S. - I'm talking about a PC specific game release, not emulators. Aparantly you can get a penlaty for running into the referee or something? lol?

Yea, I have that game haha! It was definitely a little different from the console version. Rosters were slightly larger, you could play out seasons, you could make trades between non-computer owned teams in your season.

And yes, you got a Misconduct Penalty for knocking the referee over if you charged when you did so. Of course, sometimes the ref would get in the way of a sure-fire scoring opportunity so you wanted to charge him. Not easy to knock him over though cause his movements where fairly random and if you didn't hit him square he wouldn't fall down.

A very fun game. I won the cup with San Jose going something like 76-3-3. One of those "extra" players not in the console version, J.F. Quintin scored 200 points for me haha! Last time I turned on that PC, I was in the midst of a season where I traded away all the Rangers good players for the worst players in the league and I was still kicking ass, but the computer wasn't that good. I'll have to turn on that old junker PC sometime and pull the application files over.

I have the PC NHL games on my computer, and occasionally fire up dosbox to play. "NHL Hockey" for DOS equals NHL 94 for consoles. The best DOS version to play actually is "NHL Hockey 95," because on the ice it basically keeps the same graphics and gameplay from the 94 console versions, but adds more features. Both DOS versions however play a bit more 'sim' like, with slower gameplay, better goalies, slower shots (particularly onetimers), as well as other features such as season mode, 4 lines...etc.

Thanks man. I would still love to try out 94 if you happen to find that too.

It might not have the hallowed '94 logo but the rosters are the the same from '94 and their are one timers. If you look at the pic below you'll see Montreal hoisting the chalace of chalaces from the 92-93 campaign. So essentialy it is NHL '94 for pc. Hooking was omitted though.

To me it feels like a hybrid of the Genesis and Snes versions.

post-194-1166230499_thumb.jpg

post-194-1166230515_thumb.jpg

post-194-1166230529_thumb.jpg

install dos-box and d-fend,

open d-fend and then click profile "add with wizard"

give it a name

in the game exe. browse for the file called hockey.exe

in the setup exe. browse for the file called setup.exe

then click next, you can leave everthing to default as you get to the end.

when done click on the game name you created.

slapshot67