NHL'94 Forums

Game bugs cant stop Sharks

angryjay93

After a pair of 5-4 wins over Hartford and Winnipeg to build the streak to 13, the Sharks hosted the Jets for a rematch of the close game in winnipeg. The Sharks came out charging hard scoring 5 of the games first 7 goals in the first period to have a huge 5-2 lead. But in the second peirod Alexei Gusarov pulled down a streaking Adam Oates on the breakaway to create one of the weirdest goals of all time.

It seemed like a normal penalty shot with Oates charging the net and the puck bouncing off the goale when the two colided, but the play was still live and Oates beat Soderstrom to the puck in the corner, the two collided once more and pushed the net off its moorings, the play assumed to be dead by Tommy Soderstrom was in fact still alive and Oates circled around Soderstrom and came into the slot where he wristed a puck by Soderstrom, but by this time the net was off into the corner, that mattered not though as the puck crossed the red line and still registered as a goal for Oates to make the game 5-3.

"What in the hell was the referee watching on that play!!!?? I mean first of all Tommy hit the puck and then the net came off its moorings and the play still wasnt dead somehow? I cant believe what i saw, its a joke how that goal got scored, but you gotta give Oates credit, he never quit. But seriously, the NHL has to take a look at that,it was pathetic," said a bewildered Angryjay.

After that goal San Jose went on a rampage and tacked on 5 more goals to beat the Jets 10-4 and bring the streak to 14. Right wing Mark Recchi had an incredible perfomance with 7 goals, a new Sharks record.

"Everything i touched just turned into gold tonight, It was my turn to light the lamp like wild," said the first star of the game.

While the Sharks are cruising, they are showing cracks in their wall. The defense has been lackluster of late allowing 4 goals in each of their last three games. A great offense alone will not carry the Sharks to more victories for much longer.

After a pair of 5-4 wins over Hartford and Winnipeg to build the streak to 13, the Sharks hosted the Jets for a rematch of the close game in winnipeg. The Sharks came out charging hard scoring 5 of the games first 7 goals in the first period to have a huge 5-2 lead. But in the second peirod Alexei Gusarov pulled down a streaking Adam Oates on the breakaway to create one of the weirdest goals of all time.

It seemed like a normal penalty shot with Oates charging the net and the puck bouncing off the goale when the two colided, but the play was still live and Oates beat Soderstrom to the puck in the corner, the two collided once more and pushed the net off its moorings, the play assumed to be dead by Tommy Soderstrom was in fact still alive and Oates circled around Soderstrom and came into the slot where he wristed a puck by Soderstrom, but by this time the net was off into the corner, that mattered not though as the puck crossed the red line and still registered as a goal for Oates to make the game 5-3.

"What in the hell was the referee watching on that play!!!?? I mean first of all Tommy hit the puck and then the net came off its moorings and the play still wasnt dead somehow? I cant believe what i saw, its a joke how that goal got scored, but you gotta give Oates credit, he never quit. But seriously, the NHL has to take a look at that,it was pathetic," said a bewildered Angryjay.

After that goal San Jose went on a rampage and tacked on 5 more goals to beat the Jets 10-4 and bring the streak to 14. Right wing Mark Recchi had an incredible perfomance with 7 goals, a new Sharks record.

"Everything i touched just turned into gold tonight, It was my turn to light the lamp like wild," said the first star of the game.

While the Sharks are cruising, they are showing cracks in their wall. The defense has been lackluster of late allowing 4 goals in each of their last three games. A great offense alone will not carry the Sharks to more victories for much longer.

You have a great offense, but nothing could top Oatesy's goal, lol. I only wish we had a video of that.