NHL'94 Forums

Delete teams

Hi,

I'm a huge NHL 94 fan from Switzerland and I just discovered you website! It's wonderful! Great job!!!

Now, I would like to replace all the NHL teams with Swiss Teams (yes... I know...) in order to have a "Swiss Hockey League".

I downloaded the NHL Old Skool Editor -NOSE- (and it's AWESOME!!!) and my question is: is there any way to delete teams? The Swiss Hockey League has only 12 teams, so I would like to delete all the other extra teams.

Thank you very much.

I like the screenshot you posted though. If you completed the mod, I'm sure it would be incredible :D

Yes, if I complete the mod it would be great :P

The NOSE tool is awesome!

Now I'm working on the rosters but, as I wrote in another topic, I really need help for the graphics.

If I have the graphics, to complete the roster and the mod will be very quick.

so I would like to delete all the other extra teams.

I'll look in my notes (which I should of published by now, but have never got around to finishing/cleaning them up) and I'll tell you how you can minimize the number of teams available in when cycling through the menu. It not that hard. Infact, you could even make a rom that only had two teams.

As for seeing the extra teams in NOSE. Don't worry about them too much as they won't effect the game when you'll make this change.

The "SwissAddon" is on the way:

Team names... 100%

Team arenas... 100%

Roster... 100%

Lines... 100%

Jerseys... 100%

Team logos... 100%

Team banners... 100%

Delete all NHL teams... 0%

I'm just waiting for wboy in order to minimize the number of teams available :)

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't want to open a new thread for my questions, 'cause my first question is the same one stevemac opened this thread for. I am trying to do NHL 1970-71 rom, so I would like to have a 14-team rom. I was wondering did stevemac get answer to his team deleting question? I would also like to know, if it is possible to change the amount of goalies with NOSE?

BTW, does anyone know where to find NHL teams old shirt numbers? Some teams (e.g. Chicago, Vancouver) have good sites, where you can find such lists, but I haven't been able to find nothing about for example St. Louis Blues.

I would also like to know, if it is possible to change the amount of goalies with NOSE?

I don't use NOSE so I couldn't help you as far as that, but its quite easy to change the amount of goalies with hex editing:

http://www.nhl94.com/html/editing/edit_bin_lines_goalies.asp

I didn't want to open a new thread for my questions, 'cause my first question is the same one stevemac opened this thread for. I am trying to do NHL 1970-71 rom, so I would like to have a 14-team rom. I was wondering did stevemac get answer to his team deleting question? I would also like to know, if it is possible to change the amount of goalies with NOSE?

in starting your rom, use the top 14 team slots (leaving the bottom 16 used/blanked out as such). best you store them alphabetically top to bottom too.

when I find my notes and post the info you learn how to limit the menu only cycling of the top 14 teams of the rom.

For jersey and player information (rosters, stats) go to www.hockeydb.com

Then find the league you want, in this case the NHL. This site is great for stats.

Yea, I know. I've been using their site all time, but in the season of 1970-71 there's no jersey numbers included :(

• 2 months later...
thanks wboy, could it be done in NHLPA 93?

yeah, the data just lives in a different spot.... and the different amount of teams make its a little different/harder too look for. Have a go yourself if you like. Come back and beg if your require me to find them again for you! :P