NHL'94 Forums

what's a good nickname for a super nintendo and genesis player?

halifax

There are actually GENS players who turn to the SNES version as well? Lets call them Lost Souls.

Hal, I am curious though, are there a lot of competitive players on this site who go both ways so to speak?

well..the topic was more for fun then anything but to answer your question..the only one I'm aware of is hokkeefan...although The Deer has recently played a few exhibition games for the GENS....

well..the topic was more for fun then anything but to answer your question..the only one I'm aware of is hokkeefan...although The Deer has recently played a few exhibition games for the GENS....

Sorry to stray away from the original topic, I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I just figured that people that play both would probably be viewing this and I was curious about my question for awhile now.

I asked simply for the reason that the gameplay is so different and I would be impressed if people were competitive in both versions and even played in both leagues. We have a couple coaches in the draft league who came from the SNES league and it seems like they're having some difficulty adapting to the gameplay in the GENS version. If Hokkeefan is as competitive in the SNES version as he is in the GENS, then I'm thinking he must be one of the few anomalies.

As for me, I know better, I never could make the transition to playing 95 GENS (which I've heard is more similar to 94 SNES) and then bring my normal game to the 94 GENS which is the version that I'm most comfortable with.

Maybe this is a bad comparison but it's like in college when I would play ping pong (mind you the version with massive amounts of alcohol that was consumed during play) and then within the next couple days trying to play tennis. Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't trying to play 2 different racket sports in such close proximity... it was probably because we incorporated alcohol into our tennis as well. Please strike this analogy from the records.

Sorry to stray away from the original topic, I'm not trying to hijack the thread. I just figured that people that play both would probably be viewing this and I was curious about my question for awhile now.

I asked simply for the reason that the gameplay is so different and I would be impressed if people were competitive in both versions and even played in both leagues. We have a couple coaches in the draft league who came from the SNES league and it seems like they're having some difficulty adapting to the gameplay in the GENS version. If Hokkeefan is as competitive in the SNES version as he is in the GENS, then I'm thinking he must be one of the few anomalies.

As for me, I know better, I never could make the transition to playing 95 GENS (which I've heard is more similar to 94 SNES) and then bring my normal game to the 94 GENS which is the version that I'm most comfortable with.

Maybe this is a bad comparison but it's like in college when I would play ping pong (mind you the version with massive amounts of alcohol that was consumed during play) and then within the next couple days trying to play tennis. Come to think of it, maybe it wasn't trying to play 2 different racket sports in such close proximity... it was probably because we incorporated alcohol into our tennis as well. Please strike this analogy from the records.

Yeah, I undersand what you mean. I think it comes down to what you feel is more important. If winning is more important, then stick to the system you know and keep playing at it to continue to get better. But if you're the type that doesnt care wether you win or lose and you just enjoy playing a lot of games (a la hokkeefan), then playing on both systems is your way to go.