NHL'94 Forums

Hm...since there seems to be a lot of different leagues popping up, I have an idea for one

Setar

Random team league. Basically, I get the signups, then every team gets a number. I will use a random number generator to determine numbers. I may give some leeway if parity seems off, however, otherwise it'll work random assignments.

The schedule won't be demanding, I'm thinking of keeping it to a simple round-robin format, so if we don't get tons of signups then you'll not be playing too many games. Playoffs will be double-elimination, and I may have the winner in the losers' bracket come back for a match against the winner of the winners' bracket for the championship round if the idea sounds good.

Another twist is we may use the NHL 07 update. Depends on if you guys want to use the original 94 or try something new.

If this has enough interest I'll try it out, I made the schedule smaller just so people don't complain about a demanding schedule - if we get 15 players, 14 games isn't that hard.

Augie had requested to start up another league with some different rules and I offered to help him with it...we're just finalizing some details....I'll post it soon.

Guest BSDaemon
what kinda league is that ?

quirks league. 8 teams. every week each team plays every other team (which will require some dedicated players, which im not sure we have right now, since all the guys who were very dedicated in this league are absent in the winter league...)

Every week, it is one coaches responsibility to pick a "quirk" rule. It could be anything from offsides on, to line changes on, to no goalies, to having the 5 lowest rated players on the ice.

The playoffs would be double elimination bracketing, with each round having a "quirk" rule that was used during the season, which is voted on by the coaches before the round starts.

It's just meant to be fun.