NHL'94 Forums

Stu Grimson Scores 8, does best Roenick Impression!

Evan

Hey guys,

Well, a funny NHL94 experience I think some of you guys would appreciate.

So Jacob (gesundheit39) is here in New York visiting, and we were playing some NHL94 (of course). I decided I wanted to add the player sprites of our Fall 2006 champs holding the cup, so we were going to do a couple quick playoff series to get the screenshots.

First we did St. Louis, with virtually nothing strange or funny happening. Shanahan was the offense, with Lee Norwood being a factor as well. Although if I recall, there were some funny teams in the playoffs like Anaheim.

Next, we played as Chicago in the playoffs. To make this more enjoyable, we benched Roenick and Belfour the whole time and used a variety of guys and Jim Waite between the pipes. During our game vs. San Jose (go figure), we had a game to remember. Not much was going on, so we decided to give Stu Grimson the shot. Sure enough, in no time he becomes a hero scoring 3 goals in 34 seconds all on a powerplay. This made our powerplay 3 for 1 for the game. He continued to dominate ending up with 8 goals on 12 shots in a 5 minute game. I'm not sure this will ever happen again as we all know how well of an offensive player Stu is.

For the entire playoff series (of 4 games), Stu was our offensive powerhouse leading the way with with 11 goals, 0 assists, and 16 shots on goal. He only played in 2 of our games, and I have to say this is beats anything Roenick can do. Our next top scorer was Joe Murphy with 5 goals. What an unexpected great moment of NHL94!

stu-grimson-001.gif

stu-grimson-002.gif

stu-grimson-003.gif

stu-grimson-004.gif

stu-grimson-005.gif

During this series we also had the infamous "Cranium Carom" against Montreal in the finals using Joe Murphy. It's stuff like this that makes this game live on. Hopefully Jacob can add other highlights I may have forgotten about.

Have a great holidays everyone!

-Evan

Alright, so maybe I'm overlooking something...but how can you score THREE goals on ONE powerplay??

Were there 3 guys in the box to start off with? Did the computer draw more penalties as their penalty kill concluded?

Curious.

Yep, San Jose had three guys in the penalty box when we decided to instert Stu into the lineup.

And we never had any idea Stu would start scoring like that. He was scoring off one-timers, off breakaways, off backhanders, off wrist shots, you name it. He would have had a couple more but his backhand is so weak that a couple times despite deking the goalie, the goalie was able to get up in time to make the save. It was insane, we were laughing so hard. Ah the funny things that happen at 2am, when playing NHL94.

Joe Murphy's a good player, I usually start either him or Christan Ruuttu over Goulet.

Marchment is underrated though, the first time I played Deer Steve Smith got penalized so I put in Marchment, and he was just blitzing guys, knocking them out left and right, so I left him in and he was a powerhouse defensively, and I tied Deer 4-4 thanks to a lot of Marchment hits.

Joe Murphy's a good player, I usually start either him or Christan Ruuttu over Goulet.

Marchment is underrated though, the first time I played Deer Steve Smith got penalized so I put in Marchment, and he was just blitzing guys, knocking them out left and right, so I left him in and he was a powerhouse defensively, and I tied Deer 4-4 thanks to a lot of Marchment hits.

Nice tangent, but this thread is about Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, haha!