NHL'94 Forums

SwissAddon 2006-2007 released!!!

stevemac

Great Job Steve.

Graphically the only thing I thought that needed some work was the picture of the announcer and the team logos would be nice on the menu selection screen.

Nice job on the network logo and the team logos on the ice. Also good job on the team banners.

Looks like you've done a lot of work and it turned out really well.

The SwissAddon 2006-2007 is released!!!

Thanks to all the people who helped me (wboy and slapshot67 are the best :))

wow... make a few videos and show them online and you get instant appreciation... impressive... hey slapshot67, maybe you should change your name to ParisHilton69.... :huh:

well done stevemac... in no time you'll know a few more tricks in TM and you'll have that rom looking polished no doubt!

re: all the page translations on your site... you actually know that many languages...? impressive if so!

hey wboy why you cutting down slapshot67, he is at least trying to help people understnd how TM works. unlike you by not releasing videos or documentation, and dont give me that you have no time to do it because you can always make time. yes there are more important things in life than NHL94 but you always postpone everything. Just do it and get it done.

hey wboy why you cutting down slapshot67, he is at least trying to help people understnd how TM works. unlike you by not releasing videos or documentation, and dont give me that you have no time to do it because you can always make time. yes there are more important things in life than NHL94 but you always postpone everything. Just do it and get it done.

WOW :huh:

Do you have any idea how much time WBOY has spent helping others(myself included), plus the time spent on his editor. I am not just sticking up for a buddy, just saying to relax boys. You said it yourself, there are way more important things in life than NHL 94.

Wait to you get married and have kids. Free time = zilch.

Well congratulations to you. I knew someone would probably take offense or misinterpret what was just an attempt semi-distasteful Paris humor to try and give a laugh. Guess I should have added 14 more :D, lol's, rofl's and j/k's to end better highlight my intent. :huh: Why don't to go to the other thread and actually see I complimented slapshot67 for his efforts...

Don't get high horse and tell me how to prioritize my free time when you don't even now my situation.

I owe no-one nothing here... no one held my hand to give me all the answers... I've spent ridiculous amounts my free time working it out myself (which nearly cost me my relationship at the time), not giving up and then implementing a editor and hack that makes life considerably easier for the benefit of the community... and even then I find many here give up on their hacking projects too easy when they meet their first hurdle (namely graphics, because roster editing is no longer an issue funnily enough), which the 30 team rom with no shared tiles for commonly edited in-game graphics addresses.

It’s that kind of attitude that have made me consider giving it up myself because sometimes I seriously wonder why I'm bothering... and why I've lost motivation to prioritize my free time do more documentation/tutorials and hacks.

As I seem to postpone everything (for no apparent benefit) looks like I’ll have to do the same for my TM videos. :)

I know wboy has put in alot of time in to this, he built a great editor and great 30 team rom, but if it was meant to be a joke i apologize to wboy, but still there is no need for saying that stuff. I dont want to make enemies here, this is a great community and i would like to see it grow.

You gotta be careful about what you say.

wboy has spent so much time doing NHL 94-related stuff for us hack makers. Anything that's construded into an insult his way isn't cool. I know this ain't the thread for it, but I personally would like to thank wboy for all his work on Nose and how much easier it has made my work on the Director's Cut of NHL 94! Much love to ya wboy, and to all the hack makers. We can't let these kinds of misunderstandings break out.

Great Job Steve.

Graphically the only thing I thought that needed some work was the picture of the announcer and the team logos would be nice on the menu selection screen.

Nice job on the network logo and the team logos on the ice. Also good job on the team banners.

Looks like you've done a lot of work and it turned out really well.

Thank you!

Now, I just uploaded on the website the newest version of the ROM (v0.9).

- I changed the picture of the announcer

- I changed the loading screens

For the team logos on the selection screen, I have problems to find the right color palettes.

re: all the page translations on your site... you actually know that many languages...? impressive if so!

Yes!

In Switzerland we have to learn german, french and italian because are the official languages of the country. Then as option we can learn english.

Thank you!

Now, I just uploaded on the website the newest version of the ROM (v0.9).

- I changed the picture of the announcer

- I changed the loading screens

For the team logos on the selection screen, I have problems to find the right color palettes.

Yes!

In Switzerland we have to learn german, french and italian because are the official languages of the country. Then as option we can learn english.

Hmmm.... great! So what are the color palettes of Andreas Wyden's Pic (eventually the pic of the announcer)

and the loading screens? I wanna also give the announcer a different face in my hack.

Hmmm.... great! So what are the color palettes of Andreas Wyden's Pic (eventually the pic of the announcer)

and the loading screens? I wanna also give the announcer a different face in my hack.

slapshot67 found an easy way to find the color palette.

1. load up the game with gens.

2. on the main screen (lecavalier) go file, quick save, the file will be a .gs0 file. it will be in you gens folder.

3. find the lecavalier image in tile molester.

4 click palette, import from, another file.

5 load the .gs0 file and it should be the original color.

6 you then can import the image you want.

I dont know if it is the right way but it works :D

I dont know if it is the right way but it works :D

That method works well for finding graphics, but obviously doesn't allow you to alter the palette in the loaded rom.

Refer to this post for the method if finding the palette in game.

Refer to the player card tutorial found on my site for some info on loading the palette from within the loaded rom. Only difference here is you load 16 colors as opposed to 8 (note you can also use 64, then use the big left/right arrows next to the palette colors to cycle the 4 x 16 color palettes). Also note the import by offset in TM must be the decimal equivalent as it doesn't support hex.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...