NHL'94 Forums

The Race for the Draft League Basement

DaDonch44

After taking over a Tampa Bay team...

I started out at a decent 3-1-0-1 with hopes of climbing the standings ladder

however, a stellar 7 game losing streak has significantally loosened Magus978's grip on the cellar door with 4 games left...and tampa now looks like a team that jumped in the lake with cement shoes

this commentator does not believe that Magus' backups can do worse than my ability to give up almost 7 goals per game (I blame Hasek) and not be able to check players that are standing still... (for that i blame myself)

As the league winds down and the playoff picture becomes clearer, the fight doesnt end at the top of the standings... but even the bottom has some intrigue...

but Tampa will come out fighting in its last 4 contests...

even if winning seems futile and the cursing and hands are being thrown in the air with regularly as Hasek lets another easy save light the lamp :P

good luck to everyone on the rest of their seasons.. and im looking forward to being in the non-playoff tournament...

(The views of this commentator are not necessarily the same opinions as the other players and coaches of the NHL '94 Genesis Draft League) :)

Race to Avoid Last Place

15. edisaurusrex (QUE) 7-40-0-5, 19 points *4 games left*

16. jj2k (EDM) 7-41-0-3, 17 points *5 games left*

17. Magus978 (NJ) 6-42-0-5, 17 points *3 games left*

------------------------------------------------------------------------

18. DaDonch44 (TB) 7-43-0-2, 16 points *4 games left*

Quebec should avoid last place easily, but the dogfight to stay out of the cellar will be between Edmonton, New Jersey, and Tampa Bay. Edmonton is playing with a lot of guts lately, and New Jersey has gone to the backups, so it looks like it'll come down to the last day's worth of games for both New Jersey and Tampa Bay.

I figure one more win will secure non-last place status for either New Jersey or Tampa Bay, considering their records as of late, especially New Jersey's miserable 3rd double-digit losing streak of the season, currently at 11 *estimate*.

Tampa won another game and got another point, putting New Jersey back in the cellar. It looks like this now.

15. jj2k (EDM) 8-42-0-4, 20 points *2 games remain*

16. DaDonch44 (TB) 8-43-0-3, 19 points *2 games remain*

17. edisaurusrex (QUE) 7-41-0-5, 19 points *3 games remain*

----------------------------------------------------------------

18. Magus978 (NJ) 6-43-0-5, 17 points *2 games remain*

Remaining Schedules In the Great Escape

Edmonton

@ Philadelphia

@ Toronto

Tampa Bay

@ Toronto (2)

Quebec

Toronto

@ Toronto (2)

New Jersey

Winnipeg

@ Winnipeg

From looking at the remaining schedules, it looks like New Jersey has the toughest road to travel if they want any shot at making the great escape. Scribe's Jets will play extremely hard despite not having anything to play for, while takeyourpill's Flyers are playing for playoff momentum and positioning.

Tampa won another game and got another point, putting New Jersey back in the cellar. It looks like this now.

18. Magus978 (NJ) 6-43-0-5, 17 points *2 games remain*

Remaining Schedules In the Great Escape

Edmonton

@ Philadelphia

@ Toronto

Tampa Bay

@ Toronto (2)

Quebec

Toronto

@ Toronto (2)

New Jersey

Winnipeg

@ Winnipeg

From looking at the remaining schedules, it looks like New Jersey has the toughest road to travel if they want any shot at making the great escape. Scribe's Jets will play extremely hard despite not having anything to play for, while takeyourpill's Flyers are playing for playoff momentum and positioning.

notice how we almost all have games left with toronto? Is he still active?

I believe he's just been very busy with school or something. Not sure 100%. Also note how I'm the only one who will have to struggle for one win. No wonder some other unlucky soul will have to be the Devils next season :angry:

The race to avoid the cellar seems to be over now. Despite a split with the Jets, the Devils will finish in last place on goal difference. Even though they hold the series with Quebec, it is assumed that the Nordiques will get at least one more point. On that note, here are the bottom 4 with New Jersey's season complete.

18. Magus978 (NJ) 7-44-0-5, 19 points *Season Complete*

Quebec has goal differential working in their favor, but lost the season series to the Devils. Again, it is assumed that Quebec will take at least one point from their final 3 games, all against the Maple Leafs.

Great coverage on the draft basement story...

I really think you shood come back Magus, Weve all had bad seasons and if u can get ur hands on a controller, then join up.

You can only get better, I know we all have gotten better. We got sumthin to proove, and im bringin it next season.