NHL'94 Forums

Idea for ROM / League

DaDonch44

If you really wanted to have a ROM or a league where the game were based on the human players skill level....

why not create a ROM where every player was rated the same like 99 or 85??

that way there is no dispute on who has the better team and it would create a level playing field...

games would be decided more on a humans ability instead of the players on the team...

i know this is unrealistic b/c obviously the players in the game are not the same... but i just figured i would throw it out there...

sorry if this has been thought of before, done, or this is a repost...

:P

If you really wanted to have a ROM or a league where the game were based on the human players skill level....

why not create a ROM where every player was rated the same like 99 or 85??

that way there is no dispute on who has the better team and it would create a level playing field...

games would be decided more on a humans ability instead of the players on the team...

i know this is unrealistic b/c obviously the players in the game are not the same... but i just figured i would throw it out there...

sorry if this has been thought of before, done, or this is a repost...

:P

I think an easier way to accomplish that would be to simply have a league where each guy played as the same team for each game (home vs. away). You could have a mechanism for switching up what team it was each time. That way you could still point to each player being on an even playing field, but not have the boredom of every team being exactly the same. Or perhaps worse, the unrealism of each player on each team being exactly the same.