NHL'94 Forums

Ideas for NHL 2008 update

dmac

I was wondering what everyone would like to see in the next update for NHL 94.

For me personally, it would be pretty cool to have the actual goal horns of the teams on the game and maybe some more music. What does everyone else want?

And I'm sorry if this is a repost.

Biggest thing that has always come up is not stupid useless things like blood or other dumb stuff they want in new hockey games, but its fighting in NHL 94. I'm sure it's possible as some of the code is in the game, if u search the hex code on the CD version it says fight instigator but more then that we have not been able to find. Something about missing sprites.

post-5-1168970478_thumb.jpg

Biggest thing that has always come up is not stupid useless things like blood or other dumb stuff they want in new hockey games, but its fighting in NHL 94. I'm sure it's possible as some of the code is in the game, if u search the hex code on the CD version it says fight instigator but more then that we have not been able to find. Something about missing sprites.

post-5-1168970478_thumb.jpg

I think almost everyone wants fighting in the next NHL update. It's like a must have for NHL 94. Now that I think about it, it would be pretty cool to have blood, but only when people get injured.

Hehe, everyone always wants blood. Nah, I just think that we need to be more objective when it comes to things we want, I have said this a million times before but we want a NHL 94 gameplay style game with full options and all that. If we say we want things like blood, that takes away from the gameplay itself and it becomes an addon.

Every new hockey game that comes out now adds more options kinda like that and the game gets nowhere. NHL 94 got it right because they focused more on the gameplay then the options.

Things like blood and fighting are good because they bring back some of the nostalgia that made the original NHL games good. Sure the gameplay is good but thats not everything.

is it possible to add blood to an injured player ? ? ? Couldn't you just find the injured player sprite and add some pixels to it ? ? ?

1. Fighting

There is very little fighting in the NHL anymore.

2. Blood when someone gets hurt

how often does this really happen in the NHL to warrant it in the game?

3. The trapezoid behind the net

4. Smarter defense

5. Better goalies

All 3 of those are addressed here: http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2933

I know in some updates the cause of an injury is made a double-minor roughing penalty. In real life, it's only a double minor with blood. If it would be possible to somehow distinguish between types of injury, say, one that knocks someone out for a game draws blood and is a 4 minute penalty and one that only knocks them out for the period and doesn't draw blood, 2 minutes, I think that would be a nice wrinkle.