NHL'94 Forums

Online player area

segathon

Where do you go if you are looking for a pick up game? I see a lot of people have AIM accounts. Do you just set up an AIM account and then keep adding people who play to your list?

Where do you go if you are looking for a pick up game? I see a lot of people have AIM accounts. Do you just set up an AIM account and then keep adding people who play to your list?

Yep, that's how I did it. Takes a little time to set up at first, but works well.

I'm going to look into what we'd need to do to make a master AIM buddy list downloadable from the site itself, so people could maintain their NHL lists without too much effort.

Yep, that's how I did it. Takes a little time to set up at first, but works well.

I'm going to look into what we'd need to do to make a master AIM buddy list downloadable from the site itself, so people could maintain their NHL lists without too much effort.

great idea addisonbr!!!

only question is does AIM still have that limit of 200 people on your buddy list?? it might be a little tricky if people have a lot already on their buddy lists outside the NHL94 community... :angry:

but i think it would be very helpful to everyone

great idea addisonbr!!!

only question is does AIM still have that limit of 200 people on your buddy list?? it might be a little tricky if people have a lot already on their buddy lists outside the NHL94 community... :)

but i think it would be very helpful to everyone

Good idea.

I'll set up an AIM account tonight and post it if anyone wants to gets some easy wins from me tonight.

I've got a recommendation for new online players with existing AIM accounts: Get a new one for NHL play.

I've had the aim name backhandfloater since the begining of AIM, but now I am wishing I created a new account. With a new account you can simply log in when your are ready or looking for games. But now, I get IM's for games at work, when out at night, etc.

It's really not that big of a deal, but be warned; there are some forgetful (and sometimes immature) NHL peeps out there that will nag you at work, even after you tell them 100 times that you cannot play daytime games.

Yeah...I'm gonna get an NHL AIM name, once I find a program that will clone AIM and let me run 2 names at once :)

I do have a name set though. When I find a cloner, the NHL AIM name for me will be ScottStevensNJD4.

EDIT: Found one, I'm on that name now.

Yeah...I'm gonna get an NHL AIM name, once I find a program that will clone AIM and let me run 2 names at once :)

I do have a name set though. When I find a cloner, the NHL AIM name for me will be ScottStevensNJD4

I use GAIM exclusively, which has the feature to sign on multiple names at once for various IM services.

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/

The newest release of AIM allows you to run multiple ScreenNames.

and thank you addison for looking into this... I remember mentioning this months ago, but it wasn't such a big issue with many people. I would like it however because I have my IM name as invisible to people who I don't have in my buddy list, so new players would probably never have a chance to contact me for a game.

The new AIM sucks. I had it for one day and was utterly disgusted.

i downloaded it and installed it i liked the new look but then uh... i couldnt IM anyone; the box wouldnt let me type in it...... so i dont know if it was a bug or not.... i reinstalled it twice after that and then went back to 5.9....

hehe oh well...

anyway...

i just add people to my list as i play them...

i downloaded it and installed it i liked the new look but then uh... i couldnt IM anyone; the box wouldnt let me type in it...... so i dont know if it was a bug or not.... i reinstalled it twice after that and then went back to 5.9....

hehe oh well...

anyway...

i just add people to my list as i play them...

So you can still download 5.9?

Alright,

Have an AIM set up. SegathonSov

Never played online before and I'm a 95er instead of a 94er, but since 94 is the game of choice AIM me if you want to give me my first loss

Okey-doke...

So I have a way to do this. I'll talk to Evan about making it a more integrated part of the NHL94.com experience, but for now, here's a little "beta test" of the GENS contact list (if it works for people I'll do SNES as well):

To upload the buddy list, you need to have AIM 6.0 installed. You can get it here:

http://download.newaol.com/clients/coffee/...Install_AIM.exe

You *also* need to install the AIM Gadgets. AIM Gadgets has like 12 little plugins, but you can deselect all of them except the one you want: BuddyListOps. You can download AIM Gadgets here:

http://www.aim.com/windows/license.adp?download=gadgets

Once you've done that, you'll have the option from the "Actions" menu in the lower-right of your buddy list to "Buddy List Load". Save the file attached to this post (nhlbuddies.txt). RENAME THIS FILE nhlbuddies.blt (the forum software will not allow uploading *.blt files). Then load it into AIM 6.0 with "Buddy List Load". If it works for you like it did for me, your client will create a new group called NHL94GENS and load in about 150-160 names of guys who have registered their AIM logins with Evan for publication on NHL94.com.

Let me know if you have any problems.

NOTE - IF YOU DON'T USE AIM 6.0 THIS CAN STILL WORK FOR YOU. I, for example, use Trillian. All I did was install AIM 6.0 and Gadgets to upload the buddy list, and then I just uninstalled AIM and went back to Trillian. Trillian recognized the new group and buddies just fine.

nhlbuddies.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Scotty,

You may want to read through this page to understand more about nhl94 online gaming: http://nhl94online.com/html/getting-started.shtml

I don't know what your background is, but using the steps to setup the emulator in that document, you can use similar thinking to play games "locally" against the computer.

Let me know if you need more help.

-Evan

• 2 years later...
How do I found networks on hamachi want to play nhl94 (snes) mmy hamach adress is 5.236.250.23

It amazes me how new members come out of the woods and find really old threads no one has touched in a long time.

There are tons of networks you can join on hamachi. I believe there is a thread some where with all the names and passwords.

Yes,

The only problem with hamachi networks when using the free license is they max out real quick. I started a list of servers here, but I'm sure by now these are filled up:

http://www.nhl94online.com/html/getting-started.php#hamachi

You can always create your own network, and have someone join it. We typically chat with other players through AIM to get a game scheduled.

-Evan