NHL'94 Forums

Crowd Level

SakicSick

This morning I had the sold out Madison Square Garden at 128!! The glass on the crowd level meter was shattered!!!

Anyone top that??

I just played 5 minutes of a 2-player game by myself, let player 2 have the puck, and just spent the whole first period hammering C while controlling my keeper (since the crowd goes wild for that kind of thing). I hit 136 db with an average of 114 db after 1 period. :)

I think I got a 144 once.

Funny thing was that this only happend with an All Star game east vs west :)

I tried to break that record by checking alot and change into the keeper and make alot of useless saves (hold the B button, change into the keeper and keep pressing B to get that crowd going)

I always had a feeling that the gameplay is getting faster while the crowd gets wilder...or is this just in my head???

My record is 149. I didn't go out really trying to set the record, I set it back in the early days & haven't touched it since, but I did get 147 in a recent 40 goal game. I think goals help more than anything for the really rediculously high crowd levels.

Goals and body checks crank up the crowd.. I'm not sure what my record is but the 140's sounds about a right for a typical 10 minute game. I think I've seen 160 when I pulled the other teams goalie to see how many goals I could score.

-Evan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No one to play tonight so I thought I'd play the computer.

CHI vs ANA

183 dB after one period of play

nhl94_000.gif

It was 20 minute periods. I don't know if these are records are not but this is after one period. It got pretty boring and I dont have the stamina to finish the game. I saved it so I'll finish it another time.

nhl94_001.gif

nhl94_002.gif

No one to play tonight so I thought I'd play the computer.

CHI vs ANA

183 dB after one period of play

nhl94_000.gif

It was 20 minute periods. I don't know if these are records are not but this is after one period. It got pretty boring and I dont have the stamina to finish the game. I saved it so I'll finish it another time.

nhl94_001.gif

nhl94_002.gif

:bows: 183 decibles

Did you know that an actual 180 decibel sound will kill you by making your lungs hemorrhage?

Made an interesting discovery regarding crowd level the other day.

I was messing around with nose (pause for mandatory props: wboys the man) cause I decided to create a rom with just a golie vs 5, so I could work on my manual golie skills.

While playing I inadvertently sent the puck down the ice after a save. I was waiting for the opposition to bring the puck into my zone when I started pressing ( C ) out of boredom. To my suprise the crowd got amped. So I kept on pressing save, and before long the crowd became raucous...Then I checked the crowd meter in the stats menu.. Came back, pressed save a bunch of times and checked the crowd meter again..When I checked it the meter jumped about 4 or 5. I spent the remainder of the period doing this to see how high I could get the meter to spike..All the while allowing 30 goals or so, the crowd didn't seem to care as they continued to remain berserk as long as I was pressing save.

Just before time expired ( I think the meter resets at the end of a period) I checked the meter and here's what came up.

nhl94goliepraticewinnvanboscl0.png

Beat that. :)

Looks like save attempts; not goals..really make a huge impact when it comes to the crowd meter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I was messing around with nose (pause for mandatory props: wboys the man) cause I decided to create a rom with just a golie vs 5, so I could work on my manual golie skills.

I tried to do this but it wouldnt let me take control of the goalie. Did it work for u ? ? ?

Well, make sure it's on two player, and with the buttons you have mapped to player two, have one player on the other team just do laps of their own zone, and just hammer the button you have mapped to save. You'll hear the crowd noise rise a bit, and when you check the crowd meter, it will have gone up.

No I dont want the crowd meter to go up. I wanted to " create a rom with just a golie vs 5, so I could work on my manual golie skills. "

But when I did it I couldn't take control of the goalie. and the game became real glitchy. The puck actually became a goalie.

No I dont want the crowd meter to go up. I wanted to " create a rom with just a golie vs 5, so I could work on my manual golie skills. "

But when I did it I couldn't take control of the goalie. and the game became real glitchy. The puck actually became a goalie.

What you do is in NOSE, set the players on the NLC line to Hex 0 and leave the goalie as is on the team you want to use. Then you select your teams, make sure you have manual goalie on, and start a game. Alternatively, you can make the entire starting line the starting goalie, then when you start the game get a stoppage of play and the game will realize it has six of the same guy, so it will cause all of the skater-goalies to disappear and leave the one goalie. However, you have to get a stoppage of play every period, as it will put the top line out at the beginning of each period and then "fix" it after a stoppage. Best way to stop it is to score so you can win the game.

• 7 months later...

While playing I inadvertently sent the puck down the ice after a save. I was waiting for the opposition to bring the puck into my zone when I started pressing ( C ) out of boredom. To my suprise the crowd got amped. So I kept on pressing save, and before long the crowd became raucous...Then I checked the crowd meter in the stats menu.. Came back, pressed save a bunch of times and checked the crowd meter again..When I checked it the meter jumped about 4 or 5. I spent the remainder of the period doing this to see how high I could get the meter to spike..All the while allowing 30 goals or so, the crowd didn't seem to care as they continued to remain berserk as long as I was pressing save.

Just before time expired ( I think the meter resets at the end of a period) I checked the meter and here's what came up.

nhl94goliepraticewinnvanboscl0.png

Beat that. :dal_skater_hand_grab:

Looks like save attempts; not goals..really make a huge impact when it comes to the crowd meter.

this is a great post...nice work clockwise!....your a constant for nhl94 when it comes to R and D. I always wondered if the crowd level actually affects the players to play better when the crowd level peaks.....time for a poll to find out.