NHL'94 Forums

Well, Don Johnson seems he could no longer work on his current hack. The hack seems to be abandoned or cancelled.

Here is now my Upcoming hack featuring:

*24 National teams, plus 4 Classic teams and 2 Fun All-Star teams.

*New Ice logos and banners

*New Loading screens

*New logos

*TXY Sports Net Intergration

*New Startup Banner Colors

*New Startup logos

*Andreas Wyden from the Swiss Addon made by SteveMac, he replaces Ron Barr (Ron Barr is still to be renamed).

TODO:

Adding coaches on their benches and the scorekeepers*

Replacing the Stanley Cup with the World Cup of Hockey*

Replacing the EA Sports logo in the Player cards screen with a different logo*

Making the Zamboni blank (Removing EA from the Zamboni)*

Player Cards

Rosters

Some other graphic updates

* These additions which were marked with this symbol indicates that i need help with these

Screenshots

post-262-1169442755_thumb.png

post-262-1169442802_thumb.png

post-262-1169442836_thumb.png

post-262-1169442849_thumb.png

post-262-1169442865_thumb.png

post-262-1169442885_thumb.png

post-262-1169442900_thumb.png

post-262-1169442924_thumb.png

post-262-1169442983_thumb.png

post-262-1169443039_thumb.png

post-262-1169443067_thumb.png

• 5 months later...

HAHA the trouble i had trying to find this thread!

sorry to bump an old thread, but since it's the only hack with international teams in it .....

it makes me interested!!!

is there an update on it's progress?

most appreciated rookie hockey player

• 3 weeks later...

just to add .....

i am in the VERY EARLY STAGES of an international edit for NHLPA93 ..... i have 46 teams that have rosters, 67 in total (68 if serbia and montegegro are seperate ..... and i plan to have more too!) so hopefully in the future there is a hack for NHLPA93 to add UNLIMITED teams to it!! otherwise, i'll just spread them out over multiple roms .....

i have the roster pdf's from iihf.com, and inputted them onto spreadsheet, and started getting some reallife stats for a few teams ..... will try to calculate stats for the game from them!

also made my first foray into actual graphic editing, and created my first strip (ARMENIA, got the homestrip good, and just a tweak for the away strip to do ..... got to start somewhere :) ) ..... but done something a little stupid!! i got the colours from the flags of the countries, and forgot they won't exactly input into NOSE :) so i have to go through them again, reverting them to NOSE format ..... and there's more of them now!!!

gawd .....going to be here for a while .....

• 3 weeks later...

okay .....

what i've done is this .....

i'm using nhl93 ..... and i've used the rosters from the 2007 world championships

the teams from EA HOCKEY, i've added the names, but just randomly placed them in positions, as i'm just interested in adding the names ..... however for PORTUGAL, they don't have that many players that i can find, so i did something sneaky, i nicked the FOOTBALL players from the national team and just put them in ..... which i'm going to do for the teams i can't find rosters for .....

i am still thinking about adding their real weights to the stats .....

BTW the amount of teams i want to have is quite large ..... how does SIXTY-EIGHT teams sound!!!!

heck, i can easily get it to EIGHTY (which i'm going to do) ..... so hopefully someone will release a hack for such a large number of teams PLEASE :)

i've done the colours (most of which i just designed myself, from the respective flag colours, some i've directly copied from EA HOCKEY, and some i've used their natoinal football team colours) some i'm quite pleased with ..... the GREAT BRITAIN away strip is like the old england colours from 1966 (the flat red colour) and it looks very retro and nice! i might even go for the england-scotland-wales-n ireland teams, if i feel it to be a good idea!

i'm going for completion, rather than accuracy, but it's still going to be like the original game

and now i feel like making some more teams ..... like CUBA, the rest of the european teams, the rest of the south american teams, and some more african teams ..... and why not i say!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This project is dead but Slapshot67 has made a rom featuring IIHF teams which you can get it from this link:

http://www.saw76.com/roms/rom5.html

slapshots Olympic hockey rom is awesome! Its probably my most played Rom next to the NCAA edits i have made.