NHL'94 Forums

Evan's Welcome Message

Evan

Welcome to the NHL94 Forum!

This is a forum where you can talk about anything related to NHL94, the video game created by Electronic Arts.

Feel free to ask any questions and read the forum rules before creating or replying to a post.

Enjoy!!!

• Love 1

Just wanted to remind you when you sign up, don't forget to tell us what your favorite way to score in NHL94 is.

:D

• 3 months later...

Hey Evan, would it be possible to add a nhl 91 (hacked of course), nhl 96, 97 and 98 forums too. I know they aren't the amazing 94 but some of us still play them.

Hey Evan, would it be possible to add a nhl 91 (hacked of course), nhl 96, 97 and 98 forums too. I know they aren't the amazing 94 but some of us still play them.

I agree, it would be nice to show some support/interest in the whole NHL series witinin theses forums.

As the forums also return search results on google, it may even allow more than just 94 fans to stumble across this great site.

Sure that can be done, I didnt realize those games were really played much but its only fair to have the entire classic series (91-98) here

I'll get that going soon.

-Evan

Sure that can be done, I didnt realize those games were really played much but its only fair to have the entire classic series (91-98) here

I'll get that going soon.

-Evan

Don't know if you forgot to add 91.. but it may be worth renaming 92 to 92 / 91 / EA Hockey as the game engine is the effectively the same (except for the hyper speed of 91/EA Hockey).

On that note, it may be worth combining 96 / 97 / 98... as again, they all use the same engine.. it'll keep similar discussion confined to a less amount of threads.

Hope Mr. Mack also agrees?

Whatever the case, don't ever forget 91/EA Hockey. Its the actual game from the entire EA hockey/NHL series that inspired me to work on the editor! :angry:

Yea, I think the best thing to do is just add the 91 forum so if someone has a question comment about nhl91 or nhl97, it will be easy to find.

Thanks Evan.

By the way, great job on the website as a whole. I didn't realize how much info you had up on there now. A lot of neat and useful info. Good stuff.

Thanks Mack. I try to keep adding to the site when I can. Next new feature coming soon will be a new records section where anyone can email me images/videos of records that beat whatever is currently on the site. Should be fun because in the beginning there will be like no records.

-Evan

• 1 month later...
Don't know if you forgot to add 91.. but it may be worth renaming 92 to 92 / 91 / EA Hockey as the game engine is the effectively the same (except for the hyper speed of 91/EA Hockey).

EA Hockey is actually a '92 edition game (both NHL Hockey and EA Hockey were released in '91), but it was made for Europe, so its supposed to run at 50 FPS, and thats why when you try running it on an emulator it defaults to 60 FPS and runs at hyper speed.

EA Hockey is actually a '92 edition game (both NHL Hockey and EA Hockey were released in '91), but it was made for Europe, so its supposed to run at 50 FPS, and thats why when you try running it on an emulator it defaults to 60 FPS and runs at hyper speed.

Yeah, I know, that why I love the game even more now on the emulator (I'm in a PAL region) :D

If you actually look at the header info in the ROM EA Hockey was released a month of two after 92 so its funny that its referred to as 91 all the time. Why fight it :P

When I get around to it, I going try and find if its as easy as changing a hex value or two to hyperspeed (or should I say, 50hz) NHL92, and hopefully with that learn how to do it for 93 and 94.

The PAL versions of 93 and 94 where shocking slow in PAL regions.

• 2 months later...

WOW!!! this is the site i've been looking for for the past 11 years.

i just wanted to introduce myself, my name is matt and i'm a certified nhl '94-a-holic. i've been playing consistently since the game came out and am still on my original cartridge and genesis (though tragically, my original users records were inexplicably erased a couple of years ago).

i feel the unparalleled depth and replay value of nhl '94 make it indisputably the greatest sports video game of all time and it is nice to find a community of like minded individuals.

once again, fantastic site, i look forward to celebrating nhl '94 with all of you.

Dittos to that Verbeek!

Hello everyone. My name is Mark, and I am an NHL'94 addict.

This is incredible! My friend and I have been playing since the game came out. We also invented an NHL '94 "Hockey Drinking Game" which is only the best drinking game of all time!

Anyways, thanks for the great site. I just wish i found out about this site in time to play in the tournament!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello...Jeroen from Holland here.

NHL 94 RULES....it is my fav. game all time.

My fav. lineup is:

Left Wing: Wayne nr 99 (L.A)

Right Wing: Fleury (flames)

Center: Roenick (chigago)

Def: Chelious (chigago)

def: Doug Sweeny (boston)

Keeper: Potvin

I have a 100% win rating and played 287 matches...I am here because I wanna lose one day ;-)

Hello...Jeroen from Holland here.

NHL 94 RULES....it is my fav. game all time.

My fav. lineup is:

Left Wing: Wayne nr 99 (L.A)

Right Wing: Fleury (flames)

Center: Roenick (chigago)

Def: Chelious (chigago)

def: Doug Sweeny (boston)

Keeper: Potvin

I have a 100% win rating and played 287 matches...I am here because I wanna lose one day ;-)

lies...

Wauw...my first post on a new forum and already a wonderfull reply :blink:

Isn't that just great <_<

You obviously play the same people over and over like your one eye cousin or your blind uncle. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome to the NHL94 Forum!

This is a forum where you can talk about anything related to NHL94, the video game created by Electronic Arts.

Feel free to ask any questions and read the forum rules before creating or replying to a post.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks Evan for making a site dedicated to what in my mind was the best nhl game evermade. Kudos to also being from Long Island. Never thought someone would make a site for nhl 94 and also come from where I live as well. Thanks and keep up this great site.

Hey guys. I'm Christopher, a NHL 94 fan from Sweden, 24 years old :) .

For SNES though, but still... Been loving the game since I first played it and still do! I've played most of EA's NHL games, had both Elitserien 95 (Swedish Elite League edition of NHL 95) and NHL 96 for Genesis, but the favorite is NHL 94 at SNES. These three games are the hockey games I've played the most.. I would definately kill for a NHL 94 with a season mode! That would be the absolute best, of course you can always wish for stuff, like more detailed stats etc, but a season mode would be so freakin awesome, I don't think I would ever play a different game!

I've stumbled across this forum before a couple of times, thought I had registered before but couldn't find any of my usernames here, so I felt I had to register this time. I think I found my way here through, or thanks to Mackroms, whom I probably found on thunderpuck.com or something, some years ago. :)

Peace out folks

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

good to know the are still so many other NHL94-junkies out there. Worldwide. Great! Me and one of my best friends are die-hard-fans in Germany since it came out. Eventough our playing-dose has gotten smaler for the last couple of years it's still fun when we manage to get together for a battle. There is still enough excitement about great goals and hard hits and still irascibility about bad penalty calls and jerky goalie-mistakes. And I'm really looking forward to matchup against somebody of you to check finally how good I reallly am (so far I still don't understand how this hole league and the connection-process works out). So hope to meet some of you in the virtual ice-arena (best in the trolley-tracks :-) in the near future!

Regards,

Slezky

Hi all!

I'm Terho from Finland and a big fan of this game. I've played NHL Hockey PC -version since 96. Recently a friend of mine gave me a tip about these sites, and after few visits I decided to join in. Good to see that there are still fans of the classic games. My screen name has nothing to do with the hockey (excluding Soviet army ranks given to national team members). I'm trying to be locigal (read: bad memory) so I gave myself a name that I already use in my other favourite game forums (see the picture in signature). I have not much time for online -play but at least I'll wisit here every now and then.

-Terho-

Hi folks,

good to know the are still so many other NHL94-junkies out there. Worldwide. Great! Me and one of my best friends are die-hard-fans in Germany since it came out. Eventough our playing-dose has gotten smaler for the last couple of years it's still fun when we manage to get together for a battle. There is still enough excitement about great goals and hard hits and still irascibility about bad penalty calls and jerky goalie-mistakes. And I'm really looking forward to matchup against somebody of you to check finally how good I reallly am (so far I still don't understand how this hole league and the connection-process works out). So hope to meet some of you in the virtual ice-arena (best in the trolley-tracks :-) in the near future!

Regards,

Slezky

You and Korpraali V might want to check out nhlgamer.com and #nhl94 on IRCNet as well as this site, just because both that site and that IRC channel are populated mostly by Fins, so at the very least they're more on your schedule.

But don't get me wrong, this site's great, too.

• 2 weeks later...

how's it going all?

I had no idea there were fans of nhl 94 as big as me out there.

Since it's the off season now, i have a little more time on my hands, so if anyone out there wants to play a pick up game, add me to your buddy list: skoolyardpuck.

i'm really, really rusty in this game. I haven't played in about two years because i got tired of beating the game with anaheim and florida over and over again.

see you on the ice, eh?

later

• 3 months later...