NHL'94 Forums

The much debated cross crease question

thegr8199

Cross Crease  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Should the cross crease be allowed during online play?

• Yes, its just part of the game
    • No, it should not be allowed
    • Yes, if both players agree to it
    • No, if one player disagrees

After having a big discussion today, I want to get an opinion from the community if it should be allowed.

Personally, I think its just part of the game and can easily be stopped if you see it coming.

P.S. This is mainly for Gens because I dont know how it works on SNES

i personally tend to steer away from crease cutting in the purest sense of going to the goal line, doing a spin move and then reeling off a creast cutter. its just a personal choice i make. at times though if it is open and i happen to be in that area after looking for a one-timer that isnt there i will go for it.

When talking about crease cutting from the face off dots up,its a little different,i dont see it as cheap,i just see it as getting into a better position for a slapper. again,its not really a big part of my game plan and i dont have a problem with people incorporating it as long as it isnt their only means of offense.

i think a better question is the pass/shot, atleast crease cutting can be debated as an actual hockey tactic in real life, pass/shoot on the other hand is a chumps game since its not even hockey,its just taking advantage of a glitch in the game.

After having a big discussion today, I want to get an opinion from the community if it should be allowed.

Personally, I think its just part of the game and can easily be stopped if you see it coming.

P.S. This is mainly for Gens because I dont know how it works on SNES

With SNES in'93..that seemed to be the only way you could score(before manual goalie)...but in '94, I try to use it sometimes....some guys I've played against will psych you with a cross crease and then spin or pause and go short side....sometimes you can defend by slammin em with the goalie or timing the right moment to make the save or using a d-man to knock em down.

I really don't see how you could argue whether a goal should or should not count anyways.

In your discussion...what was the reason that it should not be allowed?

I play different "rules" depending on what and who I'm playing. When I'm together with my buddies we refrain from, for example, CCC. But in a online league game I would never presume to say that some goals are allowed and others aren't. For starters, we're not talking about an out-and-out glitch (like, say, if there was a way to put your goalie in at center and then he was uncheckable and you could just skate straight down and deposit the puck in the net every time, something like that). As Matt says, it can be defended. Second, once you start saying certain moves are against the rules, you open up a whole can of ugliness if there's ever any grey area (like your skater picks up a rebound on the left post, skates right and drops the puck in the far side - was that CCC or not? Does it matter if it was a set play? Does it matter if the goalie actually fell down? Do you actually have to touch the crease? When does a far post slapper become CCC? Etc...

In league games be comfortable that anything goes. When playing exhibitions or against your buddies, if you find CCC makes your blood boil, play people who, like you, don't really use it. You'll complain less and be happier.

i personally tend to steer away from crease cutting in the purest sense of going to the goal line, doing a spin move and then reeling off a creast cutter. its just a personal choice i make. at times though if it is open and i happen to be in that area after looking for a one-timer that isnt there i will go for it.

When talking about crease cutting from the face off dots up,its a little different,i dont see it as cheap,i just see it as getting into a better position for a slapper. again,its not really a big part of my game plan and i dont have a problem with people incorporating it as long as it isnt their only means of offense.

i think a better question is the pass/shot, atleast crease cutting can be debated as an actual hockey tactic in real life, pass/shoot on the other hand is a chumps game since its not even hockey,its just taking advantage of a glitch in the game.

pass/shoot? is that keyboard lingo for one- timers? he- he. no offense. you would probably kick my ass with your keyboard anyway.

pass/shoot? is that keyboard lingo for one- timers? he- he. no offense. you would probably kick my ass with your keyboard anyway.

Skating straight up (or down) towards the goal, if you press up (or down) and hit "B" the puck launches from your player's stick with the speed of a supersonic jet, on a line so straight and true that scientists calibrate their instruments with it. It frequently leaves a puck-sized hole right around where the goalie's groin used to be, on its way to tickling the fancy of the goal judge.

I think there should be another option: Yes, it's part of the game, but it's not part of my offense.

That is my personal stance on it. Back in the day, with the homies it was considered a "b-i-t-c-h" goal. And out of respect for eachother we did not do it. I dig pretty much all you guys, I'll show you the same respect.

There is no need to ban it, but it's still a b***h goal.

Skating straight up (or down) towards the goal, if you press up (or down) and hit "B" the puck launches from your player's stick with the speed of a supersonic jet, on a line so straight and true that scientists calibrate their instruments with it. It frequently leaves a puck-sized hole right around where the goalie's groin used to be, on its way to tickling the fancy of the goal judge.

LOL....nice work.

I think there should be another option: Yes, it's part of the game, but it's not part of my offense.

That is my personal stance on it. Back in the day, with the homies it was considered a "b-i-t-c-h" goal. And out of respect for eachother we did not do it. I dig pretty much all you guys, I'll show you the same respect.

There is no need to ban it, but it's still a b***h goal.

I refer to it as 'Fisher Price: My First Goal' when my friends pull it against me.

It's so obvious when you play someone and they go about setting up for one of those -- I feel bad for them because it's a shameful goal in my book. If it happens naturally during the course of play that is different, but when someone's offense revolves around going for those -- that's kind of a weak way to play. Should not be banned though because it can be defended.

The CCC is about as stealthy as a marching band. Struting proudly, bombastic in all it's flavorless glory. When it comes to style this maneuver is on food stamps. However..I would rather have the game with it than without it. In 93 it's very tough to do and feels like there's something missing. It adds to the diversity in ways you can score.

But players who use it exclusively should be put on rations of bread and water, make that just water, no, salt water.

The CCC is about as stealthy as a marching band. Struting proudly, bombastic in all it's flavorless glory. When it comes to style this maneuver is on food stamps. However..I would rather have the game with it than without it. In 93 it's very tough to do and feels like there's something missing. It adds to the diversity in ways you can score.

But players who use it exclusively should be put on rations of bread and water, make that just water, no, salt water.

Im totally with you on this clockwise in that I like to use it, but also dont rely on to win games. If its open you take it and thats my stance and probally always will be.