NHL'94 Forums

Special passes

Anybody aware of these special passed in NHL94.

I've found 2 out,

If you double tap A in the attacking zone you can chip the puck over a incoming defender which looks class!!!!!!

If you press up & double tap B if you in the centre it does a really quick pass/shot that goalies struggle to deal with.

Finally the drop pass.

This is the one I don't know how to do, I've had players do a really slow pass that hardly moves so another player runs in and picks up the puck, it's happened once or twice for me.

Anybody have any ideas how to do this one or anybody had a similar thing happen???

The drop pass seems to be a random event, pretty much happens once in a while probably by the higher rated players only.

Double tap A in the offensive zone (with the puck im assuming) is interesting, though I've used the A-Button as a means to pass the puck so maybe that's similar.

The up and double tap B is a version of the pass-shot from the faceoff.

-Evan

If you double tap A in the attacking zone you can chip the puck over a incoming defender which looks class!!!!!!

Usually I just tap A once right when I'm entering the other teams zone. Different things happen in different games though. For example, in NHL 97 the puck barely goes in the air but it still goes over the player which looks really cool (refer to my youtube video) but in NHL 94 the puck goes way higher so you have to wait a bit before it lands. Anyways, just saying that I only press A once and I've made some pretty nifty plays from doing so.

The drop pass is an anomaly; I can only do it by accident. Happens to me with the same frequency as the CPU taking over and controlling the puck.
You can pass it to your self against the boards with precision, there are some nice plays to be had if you learn how to do it in the offensive zone, especially on the powerplay.

There are clips of Finnish players like Swos, taking the puck behind the net then flipping it over with the A button and ramming it home; I think it's called the keg toss.

NHL'94 is like a Russian nesting doll. Even though I've been playing since the game was released, there are still things inside the game, that are inside of the inside game, that I can't figure out.