NHL'94 Forums

Gilmour Makes Plea to Delgado to Return

SSiG

Gilmour Makes Plea to Bring Delgado Back

Doug Gilmour called former Devils head coach Tom Delgado at his home in New York, and literally pleaded with him to come back as head coach of the Devils, telling him "Not to let a frustrating season get the best of him". In a statement released by Gilmour himself, he said that "Tom knew what the players' strengths and weaknesses were, and played to those in practice. I think he made all of us better, and if he comes back next year, we can be even better and play even harder for him. Everyone on this team wanted to win for him so badly and we tried extra hard to get Tom those wins this season. He's a great coach and I speak for the entire organization when I say we want coach Delgado to come back for one more season"

Tom Delgado could not be reached for comment, but told a local newspaper "It's not totally out of the realm of possibility".

mourinho_jose_cfc_profile_2005new.jpg

Will we see this ugly mug back next season?

Your point being?

If you have nothing to add, then you may kindly go **** yourself. Here I am trying to spice up the offseason a little bit and you come waltzing in here adding absolutely nothing like always. It's people like you that make me wonder why I'm still here.

Scotty Stevens: keep up the good write ups, some people do enjoy reading them. We also enjoy having you in the draft league, and in future leagues. If people don't care to read your write-ups or banter, they have the option not to. Hopefully they can keep their opinions to themselves, but in the meanwhile, continue being yourself, and don't let anyone get under your skin.

Just smash them in the mouth like Scott Stevens would.

i just want to know where he gets the awesome pictures of himself looking like a dejected coach.... the look on his face is priceless...

id hate to see what he would look like if he was angry and yelling at Gilmour, or if he had a 10 game winning streak... :P

but its true... it is a little boring waiting for updates on the playoffs... and not much else is happening concerning the league... so the added comic relief definitely helps...

so SSiG... if uh... you do decide to come back for next season... what are some team goals and objectives for the upcoming year... can the public get a statement?? ;)

Wow, I didn't expect this. Support for my cause.

Well, if I feel like coming back, I have a list of goals I'd like to accomplish in the 2nd season.

1. Beat HABS everytime I play him.

2. Not finish in last place.

3. Make the playoffs.

4. Have a 70-goal scorer.