NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95 PC! A hackers dream!!! anyone play it???

mariomania

Thanks for the quick response Kiba! I briefly looked at the rosters with NHLInfo and saw some weird stuff which makes we wonder if they are the true originals. The games to be played for Boston looks really high. Sergei Fedorov centers both of the power play lines? Are these just mistakes that EA made with their original rosters?

post-5259-0-57373200-1414105583_thumb.pn

Those db's are from cd. If they are corrupt somehow, I dunno, who knows for sure? :) I checked and it looked the same on NHLinfo for me too, Boston had strange amount of games and Fedorov were on both PP lines.

I made a season in game and then NHLinfo showed right amount of games for Boston on that season. Maybe NHLinfo shows those games wrong for Boston, for some reason? Anyhow it seems to be corrected when making a season. You can get your hands to NHL95 CD and check this out, I suppose it is NHLinfo which makes amount of games look wrong for Boston.

Fedorov is still on both PP lines, but I think that is how he is in game by default. Not so strange, because many players have been played all icetime during powerplay. Maybe it was how they built lineups or it is an error, again who knows :)

• 3 months later...

Thanks. The AI shoots and scores maybe once in awhile, but that once in awhile is still too much. I am the guy at thebreakaway.net forum that managed to make nhl09 super realistic. There was a AI tool that I mastered and shared the settings to everyone. But, that was years ago and I tried a few more tweaks trying to be perfect and it just crapped my game. It was fun while it lasted though. I really loved NHL94. It was the funnest hockey game I ever played. NHL 95 PC is basically NHL94 with better stats and a potential for hacking. I hope somebody will pick this game up again and produce mods for it. Imagine realistic gameplay with 2014 abilities and a fully moddable game for NHL94! NHL 95 PC has that potential.

NHL 95 is basically NHL 94 but it is updated and polished in many more ways, not just in stats area. 95 looks better, is smoother and from gameplay point of view there are huge and important differences. For instance goalies' behaviour.

Edited by DominikJagr

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Here is tutorial for changing Scouting Report logos in NHL95PC.

In NHLinfo I changed attributes , the game is now faster and even more goals ....... can disable over time in the season ?

I make WHA 1972-9 mod, but I can not make logos by http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/3019-nhl-95-pc-a-hackers-dream-anyone-play-it/page- 6

NHL Hockey 95 PC is a great game ............... :-)

Edited by sparky9

I don't know how to disable OT completely, but you can try to change OT time to 0:00 by this: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14842-change-time-for-nhl95pc-5min-periods-and-overtime/?p=122383

That way game goes to 4th period but there is no time to play, so on regular season that should work.

Which logos do you mean?

- On Scouting report screen I have posted instructions there.

- On game itself, logos next to score screen can be edited by JED editor. You can find JED editor from here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/15692-nhl95pc-editing-tools-and-tutorials/

- Logos on center ice are editable but I don't know how they have done it on some mods. One possibility is to disable center ice logo and paint it to ice itself, like on goodbyeccha's NHL15 conversion.

Happy hacking of NHL95PC!

Edited by Kiba

I don't know how to disable OT completely, but you can try to change OT time to 0:00 by this: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/14842-change-time-for-nhl95pc-5min-periods-and-overtime/?p=122383

That way game goes to 4th period but there is no time to play, so on regular season that should work.

Which logos do you mean?

- On game itself, logos next to score screen can be edited by JED editor. You can find JED editor from here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/15692-nhl95pc-editing-tools-and-tutorials/

- Logos on center ice are editable but I don't know how they have done it on some mods. One possibility is to disable center ice logo and paint it to ice itself, like on goodbyeccha's NHL15 conversion.

Which logos do you mean?

Hi Kiba , here is a picture mod ..... WHA Cleveland Crusaders vs Calgary Cowboys (original Detroit RW vs Calgary Flames ) . Thank sparky9

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gp5gk61fn6x88cd/hockey_001.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qg29j12ck4y7y28/hockey_003.png

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3de5a8nfttfu1qc/hockey_004.png

Edited by sparky9

Crusaders logo on scouting report is showing with wrong colors? Try to follow instructions here: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php/topic/3019-nhl-95-pc-a-hackers-dream-anyone-play-it/?p=126083

Go there with step by step and I think you will work it out, if not I think Goodbyeccha can also help you ;)

Edited by Kiba

• 3 months later...

Here is tutorial for changing Scouting Report logos in NHL95PC.

I am changing Tamba Bay logo for Colorado Rockies logo in Scouting Report screen. I will use Dosbox, NHLinfo and GIMP.

First I open Dosbox, go to NHL95 and there to scouting report. Then I press CTRL-F5, which makes screenshot of scouting report to my dosbox capture-folder.

attachicon.gifSR.png

I open that file in GIMP (free software for graphics editing) and leave it open.

I have Colorado Rockies logo, where I have already removed white backround by making it transparent (named as COLtp.gif).:

attachicon.gifCOLtp.gif

Logo must be 94x91 as size, you can verify that in NHLinfo by looking TB logo there.

I open that logo also in GIMP. I select my logo in GIMP and from menu Colors->Map->Set colormap. Now it open new window asking for palette. I just press button next to where it says Palette and it open palette selection:

attachicon.gifPaltteselect.gif

2 first palettes are from images which I have open in GIMP. #19 is from my scouting report screenshot. If you are uncertain which it is, you can see that number in GIMP by looking picture's title.

I Select colormap #19 and I click ok from dialog box. My logo in GIMP now uses scouting report screen palette and colors are wrong:

attachicon.gifwrongcolors.gif

Now I export this logo to different name, for example COLnew.gif. (From menu: File-Export)

Then I open my original COLtp.gif to GIMP. I select COLtp.gif and from menu Edit->Copy. Then I move to COLnew.gif, where colors are wrong. I select Edit->Paste. Now my image went floating over and it shows colors right:

attachicon.giffloating.gif

Then I just select File->Export and I save my COLnew.gif. Then I move it to my NHL95-folder. Now I open NHLinfo and select SRLOGO.QFS file and I roll down to TB where Tamba Bay logo shows black and white:

attachicon.gifTB.gif

Then I just try to replace TB logo. I have the Colorado logo to my NHL95 folder, named as COLnew.gif. I press F1. This open new window in NHLinfo and I just move with arrow keys to my logo file, named for COLnew.gif. It show in right window of NHLinfo, notice that transparent background now shows in pink color:

attachicon.gifpink.gif

Then I press enter. NHLinfo asking if I would match or replace palette, I select replace. NHLinfo raports about importing. By pressing F1 once again I can go back to first window where TB logo has now changed to Colorado logo. Although it shows up there in black and white, we can leave NHLinfo. Next I go to dosbox and my NHL95 game to see how it shows in scouting report. I select Tamba Bay to exhibition game and scouting report shows logo like this:

attachicon.gifSRwithCOL.gif

I also changed Tamba Bay text to Colorado by NHLinfo, if someone wonders that in picture.

I bet there is better ways to do this, but this worked for me. I hope this helps NHL95PC editing in future.

Happy Easter to everyone!

Hi Kiba, it looks great but I am too dumb to manage it:-( Do you have some done files you could send us?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/29/2013 at 1:39 AM, Kiba said:

Now I open NHLinfo and select SRLOGO.QFS file and I roll down to TB where Tamba Bay logo shows black and white:

Hi Kiba,

I'm in nhlinfo and this is not coming up for me... I have the nhlinfo program in with all the other files and I'm not sure where I can go to from here. There's not a list of logos that are in black and white like your tutorial says. I have my logo ready to put over the old one and I can't seem to access any list within that SRLOGO.QFS file... Help please.

Edited by PenguinFan1985

9 hours ago, PenguinFan1985 said:

Hi Kiba,

I'm in nhlinfo and this is not coming up for me... I have the nhlinfo program in with all the other files and I'm not sure where I can go to from here. There's not a list of logos that are in black and white like your tutorial says. I have my logo ready to put over the old one and I can't seem to access any list within that SRLOGO.QFS file... Help please.

Hi, you have to press enter to access "inside" that SRLOGO.QFS file. Like this:

First select the SRLOGO.QFS file by scrolling down on list in NHLinfo:

NHLinfo1.PNG

Then press enter and this will open:

NHLinfo2.PNG

And then just scroll to team logo you want to access:

NHLinfo3.PNG

I hope this helped you, happy hacking!

Edited by Kiba

4 hours ago, Kiba said:

Hi, you have to press enter to access "inside" that SRLOGO.QFS file. Like this:

First select the SRLOGO.QFS file by scrolling down on list in NHLinfo:

NHLinfo1.PNG

Then press enter and this will open:

NHLinfo2.PNG

And then just scroll to team logo you want to access:

NHLinfo3.PNG

I hope this helped you, happy hacking!

Hi Kiba,

That is helpful but my issue is that I'm not getting this file listing in the first place to find the SRLOGO.QFS file. I'm wondering what I'm doing wrong.

Hi, just select "View all kinds of image files and replaces EA SHPI-images" when you have started NHLinfo.

NHLinfo1.PNG

Then you should have that list.

1 hour ago, Kiba said:

Hi, just select "View all kinds of image files and replaces EA SHPI-images" when you have started NHLinfo.

NHLinfo1.PNG

Then you should have that list.

hmm that is strange. Mine doesn't show that. I will take a screen shot when I get home today after work and post it so you can see what I'm dealing with.

I am using a copy of NHL95 that is set up to quick load through dosbox.. wonder if that's the issue, but I've been able to edit the team names, lines and jerseys still as it has all the files available within the folders.

PenguinFan1985, seems that GFXPAK is missing. It is not included in all NHLinfo versions. You can download version 5.72 of WNHLinfo (Latest and same version I am using) from here: 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kiba said:

PenguinFan1985, seems that GFXPAK is missing. It is not included in all NHLinfo versions. You can download version 5.72 of WNHLinfo (Latest and same version I am using) from here: 

You're awesome Kiba! thank you!

10 hours ago, PenguinFan1985 said:

Now is there a different spot for the starting line up logo? 

Look from CTLOGO.QFS

Edited by Kiba
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have a rink file that is the blue ice like in the PC hockey version before NHL95? or... a 180 from my previous question... is there a rink file out there that has the trapezoid behind the net on the ice? I'd be happy with either.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)