NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95 PC! A hackers dream!!! anyone play it???

mariomania

22 minutes ago, mnzr14 said:

Hello guys. I am trying to make a new project with Czech Hockey League 20/21 into NHL95. Using the Jed03 for editing jerseys, no problem. For db edit I use wnhlinfo. Is there any way how to lower teams in the league from 26 to 14? Thanks

Hey, I had 12 teams in WHA mode, so I only used the Western Conference. This could be the used Eastern Conference of 7+7 teams. Schedule's not the problem.

32 minutes ago, mnzr14 said:

Thank you, it's a good idea. But that means there is no way to run league with only 14 teams?

I don't know how to do it except as I wrote 7-7 Eastern Conference. The entire conference counts for the playoffs anyway. I think that would be good. Split teams by geography, I think that's how the Czech Hockey league sometimes worked. Otherwise, I'm from Czech Republic:) I have a Czech League in progress, but from 1978, my youth :)

4 minutes ago, sparky9 said:

I don't know how to do it except as I wrote 7-7 Eastern Conference. The entire conference counts for the playoffs anyway. I think that would be good. Split teams by geography, I think that's how the Czech Hockey league sometimes worked. Otherwise, I'm from Czech Republic:) I have a Czech League in progress, but from 1978, my youth :)

It is probably the best way how to do it. And I can use the Western Conference for the 2nd league teams. Otherwise, what are you editing? Only database, or you will made logos, jerseys, etc.? I hope Ivan Hlinka will be the best player in your mod :)

1 hour ago, mnzr14 said:

It is probably the best way how to do it. And I can use the Western Conference for the 2nd league teams. Otherwise, what are you editing? Only database, or you will made logos, jerseys, etc.? I hope Ivan Hlinka will be the best player in your mod :)

Great idea from League Two;) Editing almost everything, database, addresses and logos. I was an I.Hlinka fan. I'm watching a Czech League game right now

IMG_20210316_192652.jpg

IMG_20210316_192707.jpg

IMG_20210316_192721.jpg

IMG_20210316_192742.jpg

IMG_20210316_192434.jpg

9 hours ago, mnzr14 said:

What about one division with 3 Swedish and 3 Finnish teams and antoher division with 6 Russian teams? After winning Eastern Conference play-offs (Czech league) face the best Finnish/Swedish/Russian team as a battle for the European trophy? Or make the Western Conference more international with also Slovakian, German, Swiss teams and the play-off finals would be European Champions League finals then?

@sparky9That looks hilarious!

Edited by DominikJagr

12 hours ago, sparky9 said:

Great idea from League Two;) Editing almost everything, database, addresses and logos. I was an I.Hlinka fan. I'm watching a Czech League game right now

Wow, you made really great work.. Thumbs up

4 hours ago, DominikJagr said:

What about one division with 3 Swedish and 3 Finnish teams and antoher division with 6 Russian teams? After winning Eastern Conference play-offs (Czech league) face the best Finnish/Swedish/Russian team as a battle for the European trophy?

I am a fan of Czech hockey, so I stay with Czech 1st and 2nd league.

7 hours ago, mnzr14 said:

I am a fan of Czech hockey, so I stay with Czech 1st and 2nd league.

I understand it. Just the play-off finals will look kind of weird with the 1st league champion and 2nd league champion.

In 90s I had mod for NHL 98 or 99 with 14 Czech teams. It was possible to change the NHL league structure to European standard format (one league with x teams). Should be possible to do it with NHL 95 as well but it would be huge amount of work and for sure some source code knowledge would be also required. 

@sparky9

Just an idea - in 70s there was no or very little advertising, what about to use as background images some old pictures from pre-90s era in black and white to give your mod more retro look? 

Even I play SNES version onf NHL 94 most of the time nowadays I will give your mod a try, it looks so fine!

Edited by DominikJagr

3 hours ago, DominikJagr said:

I understand it. Just the play-off finals will look kind of weird with the 1st league champion and 2nd league champion.

In 90s I had mod for NHL 98 or 99 with 14 Czech teams. It was possible to change the NHL league structure to European standard format (one league with x teams). Should be possible to do it with NHL 95 as well but it would be huge amount of work and for sure some source code knowledge would be also required. 

@sparky9

Just an idea - in 70s there was no or very little advertising, what about to use as background images some old pictures from pre-90s era in black and white to give your mod more retro look? 

Even I play SNES version onf NHL 94 most of the time nowadays I will give your mod a try, it looks so fine!

During the production of WHA mode for NHL Hockey 95, I had the idea to do the 1st Czechoslovak League, but the main one for me was the mod WHA. 1.The Czechoslovak League is still in progress, but the idea with black and white pictures is excellent, the screen for the opening of the match is black and white.

• 4 weeks later...