NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95 PC! A hackers dream!!! anyone play it???

mariomania

That game was great, and you could play out an entire season. I'm pretty sure at the end it awarded trophies to several players in the league, so the stats would accumulate. It did play like 94 instead of 95 on the Genesis, but the detail was better than in 94.

Did you create the screenshot yourself or did you find it somewhere? Windows XP does not support the NHL series before NHL 99 or so. Does anyone have NHL 95 for the PC and get it to work with XP?

• Like 1

That game was great, and you could play out an entire season. I'm pretty sure at the end it awarded trophies to several players in the league, so the stats would accumulate. It did play like 94 instead of 95 on the Genesis, but the detail was better than in 94.

Did you create the screenshot yourself or did you find it somewhere? Windows XP does not support the NHL series before NHL 99 or so. Does anyone have NHL 95 for the PC and get it to work with XP?

no i found it on a picture site just to show you guys

i wish this could be updated

Hi,

Found this link for it.

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/news.php?show_news=1

Seems it needs to be played through an Emu called Dosbox, which can be download from the site and may work with XP,

Not sure if the game can be downloaded from the site though, Getting the game looks like the hard part, I'll keep digging around on the net though.

Have a read on the Dosbox site,

Laters

Hi mates,

I just played NHL95 2 days ago on my laptop.

Dosbox does the trick. I made it work by mounting my NHL95.iso(image of original cd) image to a virual drive on my XP, which I then mounted in dosbox as a cd drive. Then I mounted my d:\games folder as a drive in dosbox. After that I just installed the game in dosbox from cd(mounted), and played it. Sounds, graphics and gameplay are as smooth as playing on our dedicated NHL95 computer(486).

I had a bit problems of game and sounds slowing down, but then I increased the dosbox cycles to 10000 or so. Works well... except that my laptop screen won't strecth to 640x400 etc. resolution smoothly. Had to play on a windowed mode...

Didn't test joystick support yet... gotta do it when time.

Cheers,

Ouzo

P.s.

If you guys want the best and original graphic addons for rink and jerseys we are hosting them with my friend here:

http://www.jlunnas.com/nhl95/95adds.zip

http://www.jlunnas.com/nhl95/95rink.zip

http://www.jlunnas.com/nhl95/95jersey.zip

Disclaimer: By the way, we did those addons back in 95, when everything was beautiful :blink:

Regarding gamepad... Chances are slim to none that it will work. Instead, try out "JoyToKey", makes gamepads work with "any" game. Translates a button press on the gamepad into a keyboard key stroke. Works excellent.

:blink:

Regarding gamepad... Chances are slim to none that it will work. Instead, try out "JoyToKey", makes gamepads work with "any" game. Translates a button press on the gamepad into a keyboard key stroke. Works excellent.

:D

Hi,

At least dosBox emulates old good Gravis Analog Pro totally. And the graphic addons which we have made work like a charm. Gotta try my wireless gamepad, so that I can play with my laptop too...

And check my XP HOW TO topic from nhl 95 forum :P

Cheers,

Ouzo

• 2 weeks later...

I have a jersey editor for NHL 95 for the PC, that lets you edit all the teams' jerseys and ice logos, along with the EA graphics editor that lets you edit the ice, in game logos, etc. I recently moved for school and the files are at home but I'll get them sent to me if anyone is interested. The graphics for the 95 version on the PC are (as far as I can tell) identical to '94 on Genesis, but there's little differences, the jerseys are more detailed and some other stuff. The PC version also has a full season mode with playoffs, awards ceremonies, etc. The program NHLinfo can be used to edit all of the team/player info and attributes. So all in all, you've got the same gamplay as 94, but with better graphics and a lot more features and is fully editable as far as I can tell. If anyone is interested I'll post the files up here when I get them. In the meantime, if anybody knows of a place where the PC version of 95 is downloadable, I'd also like to hear about it!

I also would love to know of a place where this could be downloaded. I had it once, but that was more than 10 years ago now. The jersey editor sounds really cool, especially since the teams don't follow a set template: i.e. the screenshot shows the capitals with stars on their sleeves.

ty so much wboy, youre awesome!

try to unzip and says its corrupt.

any way around it?

I also downloaded the ZIP file but tried extracting it and received a corrupt file prompt. I tried the FlashGet download manager but I am not a computer whiz, so I couldn't get it to download the "Telecharger" file.

If someone could please help I would be much obliged- I am chomping at the bit to try out NHL95 for PC...thank you so much guys!!

AIM: hockeyman1983cgy

E-MAIL: hockeyman1983@hotmail.com

Hi mates,

Dosbox does the trick. I made it work by mounting my NHL95.iso(image of original cd) image to a virual drive on my XP, which I then mounted in dosbox as a cd drive. Then I mounted my d:\games folder as a drive in dosbox. After that I just installed the game in dosbox from cd(mounted), and played it. Sounds, graphics and gameplay are as smooth as playing on our dedicated NHL95 computer(486).

I had a bit problems of game and sounds slowing down, but then I increased the dosbox cycles to 10000 or so. Works well... except that my laptop screen won't strecth to 640x400 etc. resolution smoothly. Had to play on a windowed mode...

Cheers,

Ouzo

P.s.

If you guys want the best and original graphic addons for rink and jerseys we are hosting them with my friend here:

Disclaimer: By the way, we did those addons back in 95, when everything was beautiful B)

Hi, are you guys going to make new rosters for NHL95 PC-version? I have run Manager-league for 4 seasons by NHL95 PC-version. (Yep, we just make changes to lines and sell players etc. Gameplay is computer vs. computer) Here is link to our league-forum (Finnish only). Please inform if you are going to do roster updates or if you have old rosters stored somewhere.

Happy gaming,

Kiba

I'll simplify the google process for you.

google "abandonware paradise"

take the first link.

"themes" for hockey.

"telecharger" to download.

Is this PC-version of NHL95? Because picture on that site is from Sega-version... B)

I also downloaded the ZIP file but tried extracting it and received a corrupt file prompt. I tried the FlashGet download manager but I am not a computer whiz, so I couldn't get it to download the "Telecharger" file.

If someone could please help I would be much obliged- I am chomping at the bit to try out NHL95 for PC...thank you so much guys!!

AIM: hockeyman1983cgy

E-MAIL: hockeyman1983@hotmail.com

launch the site from Internet Explorer. Make sure flashgets browser monitoring is on.... (right click the little flashget box).

When you click on telecharger, it should resolve to _ttp://88.191.39.66/Nhl95.zip (which you could now also paste into flashget to make it work without visiting the site again. - replace the '_' with 'h' obviously... have done so to not deliverately directly link to the site).

launch the site from Internet Explorer. Make sure flashgets browser monitoring is on.... (right click the little flashget box).

When you click on telecharger, it should resolve to _ttp://88.191.39.66/Nhl95.zip (which you could now also paste into flashget to make it work without visiting the site again. - replace the '_' with 'h' obviously... have done so to not deliverately directly link to the site).

WBOY, thank you so much for the help- I was able to download the NHL95 PC ZIP file using FlashGet, but now when I am trying to extract the files I get the message:

The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted. I tried to right-click on the ZIP file and select 'Extract All...' but it said there were no files to extract.

Any suggestions? I just want to play NHL95 for the PC B)

The Compressed (zipped) Folder is invalid or corrupted. I tried to right-click on the ZIP file and select 'Extract All...' but it said there were no files to extract.

Chances are your zip file is valid and the issues exists with XP's uncompress feature (as I confirm I can get the same error using it).

use www.tugzip.com (yet another nice freeware app) on the same zip file and it should work.

Thanks wboy, you are indeed the man.

I also would love to know of a place where this could be downloaded. I had it once, but that was more than 10 years ago now. The jersey editor sounds really cool, especially since the teams don't follow a set template: i.e. the screenshot shows the capitals with stars on their sleeves.

You're exactly right, the cool thing about it is that you can edit everything on the jerseys, like the designs on the sleeves and shoulders and stuff, and for example, the Nordiques have the little crest designs on the bottom of the jerseys. I have to catch my brother online to send me the jersey editor file. Again, the rest of the graphics in the game ARE easily editable with the EA Graphics Editor, which can be downloaded here: http://www.nba-live.com/eagraph/index.php, and though I never was skilled enough with editing to do anything with it, it leaves it pretty open ended to do what you want with it. NHLinfo lets you edit all the team/player info and ratings and stuff.

Again, the rest of the graphics in the game ARE easily editable with the EA Graphics Editor, which can be downloaded here: http://www.nba-live.com/eagraph/index.php, and though I never was skilled enough with editing to do anything with it, it leaves it pretty open ended to do what you want with it. NHLinfo lets you edit all the team/player info and ratings and stuff.

I got problems with that editor in editing NHL95, for example if I open picture of rink, it shows ice color red... I tried to load right palette to it, but it says Error:Unkown palette file type. Anyone manage to edit NHL95PC graphics with this tool?

Chances are your zip file is valid and the issues exists with XP's uncompress feature (as I confirm I can get the same error using it).

use www.tugzip.com (yet another nice freeware app) on the same zip file and it should work.

WBOY, thank you so much for your help in this cause, I really appreciate it...I was able to unzip the file using the TUGZIP application...I also downloaded DOSBOX...however, I am not very computer astute when it came to following the DOSBOX directions on how to load the NHL95 PC game, it was a little too confusing for me to do. Anyways, I really appreciate your help, I guess I will wait until the www.nhl95.com site is back, maybe they will have an easier download for me.

I'm still really interested in this game, can anyone who has played it tell me if it is worth the effort to try and get it working? I've only seen two screenshots (but they look really good)...if the graphics are that sharp and it still has the 94 gameplay, with a season mode it sounds like a must-have...

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks boys!! B)

Well I keep having an error message (in French no less) when I try to download 95, and a 33 or 34 kb php error file is all I can get downloaded using the download accelerator recommended by wboy, even when using the ftp given. Using download accelerator plus I get a zip file, but it too is just 33 or 34 kb. I searched around some links from the Abandonware site and apparently that is the only site that carries 95. However, a few carry the PC version of 93, just called NHL Hockey. I think this is actually the game I had for pc way back in the day, not 95. It can be downloaded here: http://486games.net/game.php?id=121

You can play full seasons, with stats kept track of. It's pretty cool, there is an intermission report between periods of your games where it will show a highlight from another game and scores around the league, cool when you're watching other teams in the standings. There is no goaltender control but there are one-timers.

For help in getting Dosbox started, this link should help: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.p...ation+of+DosBox

Hi mates,

Cheers,

Ouzo

P.s.

Disclaimer: By the way, we did those addons back in 95, when everything was beautiful ;)

Ouzo,

Can you tell me what you type in on DOSBOX in the last part of the file extension to get the game to work. Like which file in the game's folder do I use for the last step in loading the game in DOSBOX? Thanks!!! B)

Well I keep having an error message (in French no less) when I try to download 95, and a 33 or 34 kb php error file is all I can get downloaded using the download accelerator recommended by wboy, even when using the ftp given. Using download accelerator plus I get a zip file, but it too is just 33 or 34 kb.

it's not an ftp... its a http link (except I changed the first H to a _ to stop direct linking). Just tested it again... and its still technically works...

I downloaded the 95 zip and successfully unzipped it. I have dosbox running as well. So far I can't get the game running. Not sure if I have to compile an ISO file with the unzipped files or or what exactly. Help is appreciated.