NHL'94 Forums

NHL 95 PC, XP HOW TO

Ouzo

Hi everyone,

At least for me NHL95 has been a major headache for a long time, when trying to play it on XP. Finally with DosBox I managed to make it work. And Heres how I did it.

FIRST RUN:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IN XP:

-download and install dosbox

-make an iso of your original nhl95 cd

-mount nhl95 image in XP with Aclohol 120% or daemon tools

-create a games folder to one of your hard drives. This folder will be mounted as a drive in a dosbox, and nhl95 will be installed into this folder

-start dosbox

IN DOS BOX

- mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -apsi /*where f is the letter of the virtual drive in XP with mounted nhl95 image */

- mount c d:\games /* where d:\games is the folder created for nhl95 */

- d: /* navigate to dosbox mounted cd-rom */

- install /* install the nhl95 */

- choose the c as target drive /* or what ever is the mounted drive in dosbox */

- choose c:\hockey /* or what ever is your choice */

- after install increase the CPU cycles /* choose rate that is best for you computer, I used 10000 */

- c:

- cd to install path

- hockey

- enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEXT TIME:

IN XP:

-start dosbox

IN DOS BOX:

- mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -aps

- mount c d:\games

- c:

- cd to install path

- hockey

- enjoy!

NOTES:

- To increase cycles ctrl + F12, to decrease ctrl + F11

- to lock or unlock mouse to dosbox ctrl + F10

- to switch between full screen or window alt + Enter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well,

Thats it. Hope you make it work and enjoy NHL95 or many years to come!

Cheers,

Ouzo

P.s.

If you guys want the best and original graphic addons for rink and jerseys we are hosting them with my friend here:

http://www.jlunnas.com/nhl95/95adds.zip

http://www.jlunnas.com/nhl95/95rink.zip

http://www.jlunnas.com/nhl95/95jersey.zip

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

NEXT TIME:

IN XP:

-start dosbox

IN DOS BOX:

- mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -aps

- mount c d:\games

- c:

- cd to install path

- hockey

- enjoy!

If you are as lazy as me and don't like to write those codes you can edit the configuration file for DosBox.

Adding this lines to the end of "dosbox.conf" (using notepad):

mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -apsi

mount c d:\games

Note; the code should be placed after

[autoexec]

# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

Where F: is the virtual cd-drive and d:\games the directory to the game folder where the hockey.exe files is located.

to start the game, simply write:

c:

then

hockey

this works fine in the latest version 0.70, dont know if it works in older versions though

• 1 month later...

Hy boys... i have downloaded this game from "Abadonware Paradise" but i have a little problems... i have some error when i try to run this game with DosBox and i can't edit the Lines of my Team because the game goes in crash and i return to prompt of DosBox...... i can help me ??

• 1 month later...
If you are as lazy as me and don't like to write those codes you can edit the configuration file for DosBox.

Adding this lines to the end of "dosbox.conf" (using notepad):

mount d f:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0 -apsi

mount c d:\games

Note; the code should be placed after

[autoexec]

# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

Where F: is the virtual cd-drive and d:\games the directory to the game folder where the hockey.exe files is located.

to start the game, simply write:

c:

then

hockey

this works fine in the latest version 0.70, dont know if it works in older versions though

Excellent dude! This is the next step yes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

quite impressive. wonder if that could be applied to nhl hockey (93), though the game wasnt in cd version. its playable under wxp with compatibilty mode, but without sound

• 3 weeks later...
Hy boys... i have downloaded this game from "Abadonware Paradise" but i have a little problems... i have some error when i try to run this game with DosBox and i can't edit the Lines of my Team because the game goes in crash and i return to prompt of DosBox...... i can help me ??

It happened to me when I went to new exhibition game?

I did everything as told and things went well but when I'm trying to launch hockey.exe I get this error: insufficient disk space on 'c:'. Please free up atleast 2 Kbytes of disk space.

I'm using Vista so is that the problem? If anyone know how to fix this please reply. Thx!

edit: got it to work... was something with the drive letters

• 8 months later...
I've installed NHL95 on DOSBox and it runs perfectly... then when I go to play again I get an error message "Could not open ALLFILES.txt file" and the app terminated. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

i don't know how to fix this, but i do know that this message means that the game thinks you don't have the CD currently in the drive, so i would try emulating the CD as dosbox instructs.

• 2 weeks later...
i don't know how to fix this, but i do know that this message means that the game thinks you don't have the CD currently in the drive, so i would try emulating the CD as dosbox instructs.

Check this out: http://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?showtopic=4062

• 6 months later...
I did everything as told and things went well but when I'm trying to launch hockey.exe I get this error: insufficient disk space on 'c:'. Please free up atleast 2 Kbytes of disk space.

I'm using Vista so is that the problem? If anyone know how to fix this please reply. Thx!

edit: got it to work... was something with the drive letters

Hi all,

Im getting a 10kb mem error just as the quoted used did. Can anyone help give me some pointers to get this game working?

Using Alcohol 120%, image is mounted

Thanks is advance for any help offered.

EDIT -----> Got it fixed....

BK

Edited by BaddKarma

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and this game was a great part of my teenage-freetime. So, I'm glad to see that this game is still playable, even on vista, so I tried it out.

I've followed the instructions in this thread, but:

I used dosbox, made an image of the cd-rom, mounted in dtools, mount the drive as well in dosbox->installation complete

TYPE IN HOCKEY TO START THE GAME or something else is mentioned on the screen, after finishing the installation..

but after typing hockey

the message OPENHANDLE c:\eavesa.dat FILE ERROR

is coming.

Has anyone an idea what I've done wrong or has a solution???

Thank You very much!

Hello everybody,

I'm new here and this game was a great part of my teenage-freetime. So, I'm glad to see that this game is still playable, even on vista, so I tried it out.

I've followed the instructions in this thread, but:

I used dosbox, made an image of the cd-rom, mounted in dtools, mount the drive as well in dosbox->installation complete

TYPE IN HOCKEY TO START THE GAME or something else is mentioned on the screen, after finishing the installation..

but after typing hockey

the message OPENHANDLE c:\eavesa.dat FILE ERROR

is coming.

Has anyone an idea what I've done wrong or has a solution???

Thank You very much!

Just an idea here, Souly, but try to find that directory that your game was installed in. If the game was installed into another folder, you have to use the 'cd' command to get into another directory. That's what happened to me when I first installed last week.

• 2 weeks later...

Worked like a charm for Windows 7 as well.

EDIT: only what seems to be fucked up is the colors when you start the game, but once you visit an exhibition game the colors are reset and look correct after that all the way.

This might be though an individual graphics card problem or something.

Edited by jaff

• 6 months later...

Psh. If you really wanted to play, you'd dig out your 200MHz Pentium system from the basement and throw in a Soundblaster 16/AWE32/AWE64 card. Then install DOS 6.22 and install NHL95. Classic.

can you also download the iso then burn it? because i don't the game it self

`

In agreement with this guy. Can't install something that you don't have. :P

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
On October 22, 2008 at 11:34 PM, CRISKO said:

I've installed NHL95 on DOSBox and it runs perfectly... then when I go to play again I get an error message "Could not open ALLFILES.txt file" and the app terminated. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.

I too get this error message when I try running NHL '95 with DOS Box on my MAC...anyone know a fix for this? Thanks

On 6/14/2010 at 5:01 AM, c4outlaws said:

I recently installed NHL 95 and DosBox. I got the game to run but I was wondering how to edit rosters and player attributes

There's the central registry option in the game but if you're looking to change the whole roster including the players already in there, check out the NHL95 forum on this site and you'll find what you're looking for.

• smozoma changed the title to NHL 95 PC, XP HOW TO