NHL'94 Forums

Changing the referenced NHL94 Rink Logo Palette

wboy

Attached are four pics showing examples of how I've changed the referenced palette used by the NHL94 team rink logos.

Typically, the colors of the rink logo are dictated by loaded home team's strip palette colors.

In the event you simply wished to use one logo for an entire rom which uses either the same colors as used by the rink (or alternatively, the crowd) its technically now possible (well, when I spill the beans about how its done).

The Torino 2006 olympic example uses the same palette as the rink. The wboy example uses the crowd palette. I've included the "reverse angle replay" shots as that particular tile layout data also needs to be changed to have the logo works properly in reverse angle replay mode.

As its late I won't go into how its all done just right now, but if there is interest in using such a hack, yell out and I'll gather and post all the info soon.

post-11-1139837196_thumb.jpg

post-11-1139837206_thumb.jpg

post-11-1139837219_thumb.jpg

post-11-1139837229_thumb.jpg

When you have time, wboy could you have Evan post it on his site or you can post it on your hexaddicts site. I need to know how the add the NCAA logo as the ice logo for all the teams in my NCAA Hockey 2006 rom, am planning on releasing soon.

When you have time, wboy could you have Evan post it on his site or you can post it on your hexaddicts site. I need to know how the add the NCAA logo as the ice logo for all the teams in my NCAA Hockey 2006 rom, am planning on releasing soon.

Ummmm, is there anything wrong with posting the information in this thread?

Thank you

wboy.

post-11-1140005955_thumb.jpg

post-11-1140005972_thumb.jpg

• 12 years later...

The first digit of the tile layout is the pallete reference (1 of 4 loaded at any time during the game).  Pretty sure changing that on the center ice rink image tile layout would do the trick.  0 is palette 1, 2 is palette 2, 4 is pallete 3 and 6 is pallete 4 I believe.  

It's late....if this doesn't make sense I can explain in more detail and reference another time.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:03 AM, Jkline3 said:

Sorry to bump a 13 (!) year old thread, but would anyone happen to have any info on how to do this?  Putting the finishing touches on a 2019 WJC rom and would like to use the same center ice logo for all teams.

First, there is a useful thread from the almighty hacking GOD named @wboy that provides the tile layout for the rink and lots of other useful info.  

https://forum.nhl94.com/index.php?/topic/9706-reference-nhl94-rink-tile-layout/

If you pull up the VDP from GENS, it will show the 4 palettes that the game is using at any time:

VDM palette.png

The palettes are in order from 1-4.  This particular game was using Anaheim Logo and palette, shown below.  

ANH Logo Palette_sm.png (Anaheim logo from TM, matches #3 in VDP)

ANH Logo.png

One very good piece of information from the rink tile layout thread is the note that the first digit in the tile layout dictates which palette is being used for that tile.  For the center ice logo, we know that that is palette #3, which means each tile is preceded with a number 4 (read original thread for reference).  To change the palette reference to the 2nd palette (shared rink layout), we have to change the hex values from 4 to 2.  The logo is 6x4 tiles, so there are 24 items to change, which I highlighted below:

hex.png

Change 41AE, 41AF...to 21AE, 21AF, etc.  Again, I found the location from the rink layout referenced in the other thread.

Once you do that, the center ice logo will now be using palette #2:

rink palette.png

To get all the teams to use the same logo, there are two methods.  First is to go and change all 30 logos to the same one.  The easier method is to change the pointer for all the logos to the first logo in hex.  The pointer table is located at 173A.  Anaheim was the logo I changed, and the header was located at 1D6EF8 (that's usually 10 values before any TM reference).  So I changed all 30 teams pointers to the 1D6EF8 location:

hex2.png

Now, whatever logo you have in the Anaheim slot will be used for all 30 teams.

Happy hacking!  

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1