NHL'94 Forums

thegr8199kings now open for SNES games

thegr8199

Thought Id give it a try, I havent connected yet with anyone. So if you got some time and want to practice hit me up on AIM anytime.

Hey, I just noticed its my one year anniversary of being registered to the community... YAY

ill try with you sometime... i have the emulator and the ROM but havent tried to play... been focusing on the GENS

IM me when you get the chance

I tried the SNES version out about a year ago... to me, it felt like something was missing... like it was incomplete... like I was kissing my sister.

Maybe I was just too used to the mechanics of the Genesis version at the time and didn't give it a shot, but I am wondering how other people who make the switch over feel.

P.S. How do SNES purists feel about the Genesis version? Do you have barely-witty but insulting comments to combat?

P.S.S. I do not have a sister, so I cannot confirm the feeling I had.

I tried the SNES version out about a year ago... to me, it felt like something was missing... like it was incomplete... like I was kissing my sister.

Maybe I was just too used to the mechanics of the Genesis version at the time and didn't give it a shot, but I am wondering how other people who make the switch over feel.

P.S. How do SNES purists feel about the Genesis version? Do you have barely-witty but insulting comments to combat?

P.S.S. I do not have a sister, so I cannot confirm the feeling I had.

hey matt,

I know I've said this in another topic but i'll mention it again. I just find the difference between that two is the manual goaltending. I just find that half second or so from holding the button down in Genesis to activate your goalie can make the difference from being making a save or being scored on. With SNES you only have to tap the button to activate the goalie. To me, that is the biggest difference between the two games and why I favor SNES over GENS.

Also the 'defence control' is a nice tool as well for SNES(I'm not positive but I don't believe the genesis version has it?)

btw....congrats on gens draft play off run...good luck next round.

What seemed different to me was the skating and passing... it didn't feel the same. It's not to say it was better or worse, but it felt different. Perhaps this is an illusion I created in my head because of the differing sound effects.

The instant manual goaltending is huge. I wish the Gens version had it.