NHL'94 Forums

vNES - A Step In The Right Direction

Evan

Hey guys,

This site seems to be a little old (no updates in a year or so?) but check it out: http://www.virtualnes.com/

Basically it's a website that has java versions of like 650 Nintendo games. No downloads necessary (except the Java runtime files). You just click on the game you want to play, and play it right there on the website. This would be the way to go for the future of playing NHL94 online. There would be no miscommunication as to having the right ROM, anyone with a good internet connection can just start playing right away, and games could easily be logged if we were able to save the save-state file.

Now, the main things to add to what this person has done:

- Being able to have up to 4 players (hey maybe even more).

- Being able to save the game when it's over.

- Being able to use a control pad, since this particular one uses keyboard only.

Probably some other issues, but check it out.. maybe this could lead to something?

Hopefully,

-Evan

I think this site's been out there for some time... btw, the keyboard issue is easily solved with "JoyToKey". A software that emulates keystrokes with a gamepad. Great for both older and newer games that haven't got gamepad support (sometimes even better than some games default gamepad support!).

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyTo...h%20Version.htm

:blink:

That's cool.

Yea, I could tell that site's been around awhile (there's plenty others too) but maybe there's some java games for Genesis/Snes? I haven't really looked but it's worth putting some research into.

-Evan