NHL'94 Forums

quite a long wait and losing interest

hokkeefan

i think you might have to keep things going longer like having a full season like 82 gms with the hardcore people cause you are going to lose people like me who get into the console gms online and such.i check in randomly to see how things are going but i have pretty much lost interest and possibly wont join up again and im assuming alot of these new members who show up on aim are just people trying to start new names .actually the only reason i may stick around is that ive only had my new computer for 6 months and paid 1500$ and still making payments so i gotta make it worth the moola B)

i think you might have to keep things going longer like having a full season like 82 gms with the hardcore people cause you are going to lose people like me who get into the console gms online and such.i check in randomly to see how things are going but i have pretty much lost interest and possibly wont join up again and im assuming alot of these new members who show up on aim are just people trying to start new names .actually the only reason i may stick around is that ive only had my new computer for 6 months and paid 1500$ and still making payments so i gotta make it worth the moola B)

Sorry to hear that my friend; if you decide not to play you will be missed.

Hopefully everyone here understands how much work Evan and Jacob in particular have been putting into updating the site and redesigning so that it can accommodate everyone who wants to play in the upcoming season... The increase in interest just in the last few months has been huge. It's a small amount of pain now, in exchange for a truly scalable set of leagues in the future.

It's too bad that these changes are driving you out of the NHL94.com community, but hopefully those of us who remain will enjoy the efforts!

Well hopefully you don't decide to quit.....If you are using your computer mainly for video games like nhl94 perhaps you should try and sell it and get an older one. I just have an old p3 but it does the job....im sure you could find a good used one for cheap.

but i have pretty much lost interest and possibly wont join up again

I would bet both of my kidneys that hokkee comes back.

Despite his claims, I don't think the wait is doing anything detrimental... nor do I think the mass of new members are people with new names (is the reason you suggest this because you are one of these people?)

Evan and Jacob are doing a great job, and everyone still has the ability to play games online without this site.

Maybe you can start your own league hokkee, since you have a lot of your own visions. I would sign up.

Yea, progress has been made on the new layout and design, but little progress on the coding. Our spare time has been slim, but anyone is entitled to starting a league/tounament no matter how big or small.

I think we'll have a big turnout with lots of success in the upcoming season. Rules for the Spring 2007 season should be up here hopefully by the weekend.

-Evan

Hopefully everyone here understands how much work Evan and Jacob in particular have been putting into updating the site and redesigning so that it can accommodate everyone who wants to play in the upcoming season... The increase in interest just in the last few months has been huge. It's a small amount of pain now, in exchange for a truly scalable set of leagues in the future.

The work and time Evan and Jacob in particular put in do not go unnoticed...it truly is a small amount of pain now for great leagues in the future...thanks boys!!! B)