NHL'94 Forums

Sharks Downed in 6

angryjay93

Sometimes, there is only so much one team can do, and the San Jose Sharks did everything in their power this series to take it down, but the Philadelphia Flyers came on too strong and fate did not look fondly upon the Sharks as they lost a grueling series in 6 games.

Game 1- Mark Recchi played the role of bum as he hit two big posts including one to win the game for the Sharks. Alas, the Flyers took it into overtime and potted one home to take the 5-4 win and a 1-0 series lead

Game 2- Late in the third of a 4-3 game Ray Bourque busted through the middle of an open Flyers defense to go 1 on 1 with Beezer. As soon as Bourque attempted his deke, his skates wouldnt turn (game lagged) and he continued to proceed running into the goalie and blowing a glorious chance. Dino Ciccarelli took advantage of an out of position Bourque and slammed a goal home to give the 5-3 lead to the Flyers who ended up taking a 5-4 win in game 2 and a 2-0 lead back to Philly.

Game 3- San Jose finally decided to show up, but it took until the 3rd period for the Sharks to show a pulse as they tied the game up in the 3rd at 3. A goal in ot finally gave the sharks their first win.

Game 4- In the first few minutes of the game Pierre Turgeon hit the post on a slam dunk goal and this was the typical theme for the rest of the game. The Flyers just skated all over the ice as if they were playing against a pee-wee squad. Taking liberties left and right being granted by impartial Sharks players which led to an 8-1 rout and a 3-1 series lead.

Game 5- San Jose started slowly once again with a few missed oppourtunities, but were able to leg out this game and send the series back to Philly with a 6-4 win.

Game 6- A game that typified this series, more Philly domination as they skated around the ice and converting their big chances as they took advantage of some great bounces that went there way. The sharks fought to the last drop, but the gods and philly had enough of their antics as the Flyers took the cup in a 5-4 win.

I must say, Philly had an amazing matchup against my team, it just seemed like i was chasing the puck a lot and getting knocked on my keester all the time. I had my chances to win this series, but i think that goal post was the early MVP canidate for this series. The slow start just kind of killed whatever i had going for me and it was really tough to try and shut down Klima and Ciccarelli when they were being used brilliantly. Congratulations on the win Pill, i just wish my best had showed up today so things may have been a little different.