NHL'94 Forums

Online Issue

_RH

I am able to play the updated '94 rom (by Swos) with a friend online, but every time we try to play a '97 rom the game freezes. Why is this?

Most of the EA Sports games don't work through Kaillera. Including the NHL series after '94. You could try using Kega, or an snes emulator, as most of the later NHL games are nearly identical on both consoles.

Alright I have downloaded "Fusion" and I am able to play online. However, I am unfamiliar with this netplay system. If my friend wants to join a game I have made, does he need to know my IP address? Thanks for the help!

Alright I have downloaded "Fusion" and I am able to play online. However, I am unfamiliar with this netplay system. If my friend wants to join a game I have made, does he need to know my IP address? Thanks for the help!

If you are behind routers you need to port forward the port that Kega uses in your router setup (checkout Kega's readme file for this port number). You also need to setup a static IP address for your computer, otherwise the router won't forward the ports correctly everytime. Go to portforwarding.com and pick your router for an easy, step-by-step guide on how to do that.

Once you are both setup like that, you just write down eachother's public IP addresses and enter that in Kega's netplay setup. Go to ipchicken.com to get your public IP once you have your router setup as described.