NHL'94 Forums

ARE THERE ANY TEAMS IN NHL94 THAT HAVE UNFAIR ADVANTAGE?

hokkeefan

lol you post this exactly 2mins after you quit our game proclaiming "f**kin MONTREAL CHEATERS".. lmao

i think chi,mtl,van,bos,cgy,la,nyr,phi,wini,que,det and buf are all very good teams

whats unfair is bure shooting from the blueline at anytime and scoring everytime

Chicago to me is unfairly good, and when I play with my friends, they are banned from use.

Other than that there are a few other excellent good teams like Calgary, Montreal and Detroit, then a bunch of other good teams, like the ones Habs listed.

Chicago to me is unfairly good, and when I play with my friends, they are banned from use.

My friends and I used to play the same way. Chicago was simply not to be used. Chicago is so ungodly good. Granted Roenick is the best center in the game he is not the reason they are unfair. Roenick can be neutralized through good goalie control.

It's that darn Belfour! He is way too good for a goalie!

My friends and I used to play the same way. Chicago was simply not to be used. Chicago is so ungodly good. Granted Roenick is the best center in the game he is not the reason they are unfair. Roenick can be neutralized through good goalie control.

It's that darn Belfour! He is way too good for a goalie!

it's how good all 6 Blackhhawks are. Roenick is the best overall player in the game, Belfour the best goalie, Chelios a top top defensemen, Larmer is a great wing, Ruutu are a great "3rd" forward, and Smith a great "2nd" defenseman.

Roenick alone doesn't make them the best, but he sure hlps.

with line changes on, their dominance decreases, and teams like Montreal and Calgary can put up better 2nd lines..

dont take it personal HABS im just asking for opinions

but i can state that i can hit savard or lebeau time after time and ronning and bure bounce off of them and i have all the clout to say that cause i have played you at least a 50 times with vancouver against montreal and im not saying your a bad player, obviously your good you won the league,but for now on we play ott against san jose if you want to try to wup me any more.

it's how good all 6 Blackhhawks are. Roenick is the best overall player in the game, Belfour the best goalie, Chelios a top top defensemen, Larmer is a great wing, Ruutu are a great "3rd" forward, and Smith a great "2nd" defenseman.

I agree with everyone, but Ruutu, who's just a stopgap. Any of the other 5 can beat you on any given game.

Here's my list of top tier teams:

Chicago - Tremendous first line of overrated players

Boston - Amazing & balanced scoring, if their shaky goaltending holds, they're the best.

Montreal - Patrick Roy

2nd tier teams

detroit - damn speedy team, with a few great first liners. Only thing holding them from top tier: a so-so goalie that doesn't live up to his ratings

buf - I still think Mogilny is the best forward. He has enough compliments to make a potent scoring attack.

But to answer the question, I don't think any team is unfairly good. Any tier 3 team can knock off any tier 1 team, when they are fairly better played.

Bosto also has the best set (no line changes) of defenseman in the league. Bourque and Sweeney are awesome.

Agreed. They may well be #1 & #2 in the game defensively. The problem is, Moog may still allow cupcake goals reguardless of the defense. I usually use Blue, which helps a little, but he's no stud either.

but for now on we play ott against san jose if you want to try to wup me any more

hehe i've beaten you with ottawa vs quebec :lol:

detroit is a scary team though yzerman is very dominant and if coffee and federov are going that team is very difficult to stop.

in terms of full lines [depth] mtl is probably the deepest best 3rd line i think, but with one line there are quite a few teams i can think of that are very skilled... teams like winnipeg/quebec even washington are some of the best one line teams besides the big ones like chi, van, cgy, buf and LA.

hehe i've beaten you with ottawa vs quebec :blink:

detroit is a scary team though yzerman is very dominant and if coffee and federov are going that team is very difficult to stop.

in terms of full lines [depth] mtl is probably the deepest best 3rd line i think, but with one line there are quite a few teams i can think of that are very skilled... teams like winnipeg/quebec even washington are some of the best one line teams besides the big ones like chi, van, cgy, buf and LA.

Washington?!

Oh well, I guess we all have our unlikely affinities. Like how I love to play as Gord Murphy.

I'ts L.A. thats good kurri Gretsky Mcsorley (hard to knock off the puck) and Mcsorley is a GOON ok so it's L.A.

LA isn't bad, but forget about kurri & mcsorley. It's all about Tomas Sandstrom. Best pull-up slapshot in the game.

• 2 weeks later...

My roomate has played with LA for ten years (we play about 3 games a day still), and I have to say LA is the best team in the game.

1. Marty McSorly is one of the best hitters in the game and is BY FAR the hardest player to take down.

2. Tony Granato is the fastest player in the game, and has great pass accuracy, although he has terrible hands receiving passing on some days and so he's only playable about 40% of the time.

3. As mentioned, Sandstrom has the best shot in the game, is great on the faceoff (when played at centre), all around solid player.

4. Rob Blake is one of the best blends of offence and defence in the game. He has good hands, is very mobile, decent speed, good checking ability, and is one of the best at intercepting passes. SO many times my passes are intercepted by that guy when he has no business grabbing them.

5. All around, I think Jimmy Carson is one of the best players in the game. Not exceptional at anything, but just very good in every single category.

6. As a backup if LA's down a lot, Alexi Zhitnik is a weak defensive d-man but is one of the best offensive d-men in the game.

7. Wayne Gretzky and Kurri are way overrated, but it doesn't matter as there's lots of depth.

8. Luc Robataille, while not at Carson's level, is another extremely solid player that has no real weaknesses.

Playing Sandstrom at Centre, Jimmy on the wing, and then Granato on the wing (subbing Robataille if Granato's off his game) with Marty and Rob at D is probably the best lineup in the game in my opinion.

That said, I love my Detroit line of Ysebart at centre, with yzerman and fedorov on the wings, but I don't think they're as good.

You have to have Gretzky in the lineup.

Put him on the RW and he is unbeatable, one-timers galore to Sandstrom or Robitaille. Or just skate in from your own zone with him, deke the goalie and score.

I dont understand why you say McSorley is so good, he is so slow and cant handle the puck worth crap.

Guest cr0ssbar
SNES... I know nothing of Genesis.

And yes McSorly is slow, but it doesn't matter when he doesn't go down and he can hit like a monster.

L.A. sucks on Genesis...I mean, they're not terrible, but Gretzky's shot is like a limp noodle. He can get tons of breakaway's, he just can't cash any of them. But oddly enough he checks harder than Tie Domi, lol.

seems like montreal (cause they won the cup that year)and chicago are very dominate teams.

Montreal...I wouldnt even put them in the top 3 teams. They are underated in the game despite coming off the cup year. Heck, the NY Rangers feel better than them and they didn't even make the playoffs in 93. But the Rangers GM did the ratings so...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BSDaemon
holy cow what about toronto Wendel Clark, anderchuck, sundin, potvan :)

Sundin didnt play for Toronto. He plays for Quebec.

Potvin deserves a high score, the only reason he didnt win the Calder that year is because there was a high scoring rookie (Yashin), and a high-scoring rookie will beat out an amazing goalie, no matter what.

Clark isnt even on Toronto's top line in NHL94.

And Andrechuk is nowhere near as good as Gilmour. I think Gilmour is one of the best, overall, in the snes version, at least.

• 1 month later...

God damn I hate the Penguins... Seriously HATE 'em... Is there any team that can check those guys? They are a big pain in the ass! It's even hard to hold/grab them. What's so special about the penguins? I mean, it's not like they are the biggest guys in the league, I can see that the Flyers are a bit hard to knock down, but... But.. SNES, against ai, not that it's any easier vs a player though ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Red,

I agree with your posts and opinions often. Do you ever play on the emulator? Could be fun to play as teammates.

-Evan

Red,

I agree with your posts and opinions often. Do you ever play on the emulator? Could be fun to play as teammates.

-Evan

:) Aww shucks.

I have the game on emulator, but have never played online over an internet connection. I would love to play some games though, if you'd be willing to put up with an online gaming noob. How would we set up a game? You could PM me here or hit me up on MSN messenger. I'm usually available evenings after 8 eastern time.

Red,

I'm goldparalax [at] hotmail [dot] com on MSN. You can probably find me on this evening.

Back to the topic discussion, there are no absolute advantage teams.. just teams that give slight help to good players. It shows in league play.. some guys winning plenty of games with less than average teams.

I agree Chicago is very tough because Belfour is that good.. but just get creative. You can take them down.

If you can't score typical goals.. go for the unpredictable goals.

Come on... if you've played the game thousands of times.. you can figure out a way. ;)