NHL'94 Forums

League Suggestions and Comments

mack

Perhaps the Aussie Rules playoff structure would be a good one to use in certain leagues.

In Aussie Rules, the top 8 teams make the playoffs and play a first round like such:

1 v 8

2 v 7

3 v 6

4 v 5

LOL, I forgot to tell you that this was wrong.

Everything else is the same, except the top 4 and bottom 4 are segregated in the first round.

1 vs. 4, 2 vs. 3, 5 vs. 8, 6 vs. 7.

It makes for a double-elimination-style bracket in the first couple of rounds.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any chance we can go back to using the NHL94online.com website for the classic leagues? Don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed that site for the Fall 2007 season. It also removes some of the daily/weekly work of the commish updating standings etc.

Is there any chance we can go back to using the NHL94online.com website for the classic leagues? Don't know about anyone else, but I enjoyed that site for the Fall 2007 season. It also removes some of the daily/weekly work of the commish updating standings etc.

It used to be run by Jacob but unfortunately he doesnt have time to look after it, nor Evan.

Right now, chaos is helping Evan creating a new database site(or whatever you call it) which I believe will be similar to the current nhl94online.com that will allow anyone to create a league and it be run through that site. However this is still a work in progress. I'm not sure what their anticipated finish time is but I gathered it is still a few more months away.