NHL'94 Forums

NHL 94 on Nomad?

hort22

hey anyone play any NHL 94 on a Sega Nomad...just wondering how it was...i did a search and member Jeff Rickett said that he had...anyone else let me know if its playable on the little screen.

Yes! I still do occasionally. It is quite playable on the little screen, and certainly easier than trying to hook your console up to those tiny headrest TVs on the plane.

Let's see... Genesis console... Sega CD... SNES... PC... Genesis emulator on PC... SNES emulator on PC... XBand... Nomad... Unlockable on PS2... I'm running out of new ways to play.

Snes and Genesis emulator on PS2 and Xbox :D

Nomad? Is that like NTSC name for "Game Gear" (PAL?) or what? *google* Oh, a handheld game able to play Genesis cartridges!? Niiiice! B)

Hey,

I also have a Nomad and have played '94 on it. It plays exactly the same as the console. Doesn't have a long battery life but will sure turn some heads if you bring it around in public.

-Evan

I got a sega nomad for 80 bucks when i was 8 because of a misprint in the price tag at toys r us.

I don't think people are taking the awful, awful battery life serious enough. I mean, 4 batteries for 30 minutes? Unacceptable. Another cool thing was that it was two players cause there was an extra controller jack on the bottom. I still have mine actually.

EDIT: Who would win in a fight, a nomad or an xbox? I think the nomad has a pretty good shot.

I bought one a few years ago for 100$ with a battery pack and charger. Was great for when I played in the minors on all the bus trips. I actually found it a tiny bit harder against the comp as it is a smaller screen and on the bus it shook occasionally in my hands from bumps etc... Had a blast with it. Don't really play it much now.

Hey,

I also have a Nomad and have played '94 on it. It plays exactly the same as the console. Doesn't have a long battery life but will sure turn some heads if you bring it around in public.

-Evan

Evanrulz