NHL'94 Forums

Odd NHL logos

Red

Sometimes I'm puzzled as to certain aspects of logos.

Why is there an H in the Canadiens logo? Is it supposed to stand for hockey?

Why does the Ottawa Senator have wings?

Why does the Blues logo have so many flags (or whatever you call them)? 6 flags, would that be a 256th note?

Who in the world made that awful Nordiques logo? Is that supposed to be an igloo chopped in half by a pooper scooper?

Sometimes I'm puzzled as to certain aspects of logos.

Why is there an H in the Canadiens logo? Is it supposed to stand for hockey?

Why does the Ottawa Senator have wings?

Why does the Blues logo have so many flags (or whatever you call them)? 6 flags, would that be a 256th note?

Who in the world made that awful Nordiques logo? Is that supposed to be an igloo chopped in half by a pooper scooper?

i think the nords logo looks really cool.. you havnt mentioned the ugly jerseys....vancouver....kings once had a 3rd jersey that would make you barf it had a giant king's face plastered on half the jersey... there are quite a few ugly jerseys

i didnt notice the ottawa senator has wings.. arent those just part of his hat/helmet thingy?

Legend has it that the "H" on the Canadiens logo stands for "Habs" instead of "Hockey" as in Club de Hockey Canadien. In 1924, Madison Square Garden owner Tex Rickard was falsely told by someone that the "H" stood for "habitant", a French word that in those days was used to denote the farmers of Quebec.

Rickard was told that the French players on the team came from the farms and that they were therefore "habitants" or "Habs". At the time, the Canadiens were considered Montreal's "French" team, as opposed to the primairly "English" Montreal Maroons.

From habs.com

Legend has it that the "H" on the Canadiens logo stands for "Habs" instead of "Hockey" as in Club de Hockey Canadien. In 1924, Madison Square Garden owner Tex Rickard was falsely told by someone that the "H" stood for "habitant", a French word that in those days was used to denote the farmers of Quebec.

Rickard was told that the French players on the team came from the farms and that they were therefore "habitants" or "Habs". At the time, the Canadiens were considered Montreal's "French" team, as opposed to the primairly "English" Montreal Maroons.

From habs.com

Thank you. I learned something today.

And habs, I have to concur that the Canucks "V" jerseys were profoundly bad. In fact I think they were the worst uniforms in any major professional sport.

Guest BSDaemon
Thank you. I learned something today.

And habs, I have to concur that the Canucks "V" jerseys were profoundly bad. In fact I think they were the worst uniforms in any major professional sport.

I like the V jerseys!!!

GET MACK OFF THIS BORD DON'T INSULT VANCOUVER CANUCKSI WORE A 1978-1986 CANUCKS JERSY TO A PUPLIC SKATE TODAY

GET MACK OFF THIS BORD DON'T INSULT VANCOUVER CANUCKSI WORE A 1978-1986 CANUCKS JERSY TO A PUPLIC SKATE TODAY

Ummmmmm I didn't say anything about the Canucks jerseys. Read more carefully.

Ummmmmm I didn't say anything about the Canucks jerseys. Read more carefully.

Unfortunately his skill in reading is no more advanced than his skill in typing.

Are we talking about the same jerseys?

canucks.jpg

It hurts my eyes just to look at it.

• 2 months later...

What a jersey so much character the Vancouver V.

I hope one day when the Canucks go back to the old school stick logo they wear the '82 V and '94 skate jersey a few times a year.

The Canucks may need more Canadian blood. Dave Nonis you should have got Scott Niedermayer for the Canucks. He's amazing.

Orange and Yellow so pajama. So Tough. Blood looks good on it.

The 90's LA Kings jersey with Gretzky looked really sharp jersey.

I'm surprized they don't go back to that..

And Gary Bettman smarten up and make the white jersey's home again. Like Linden wants!!

You've sold enough of the dark jersey for the owners.

The crowd looks so cool white.Why would you want the crowd to be dark?

Sure Calgary with their home red jersey they would be mad with the change but (good) hahah!! Cheapo Otto kicked it in in '89.

post-269-1148283183_thumb.jpg

post-269-1148283198_thumb.jpg

Oi!! The V kicks ass. If anyone has anything to say about it, then I'll simply have to sit here and disagree. :D

Want an ugly jersey, the Canucks current Whalers jersey is shameful. Bloody Orca Bay...

And Good call Jeff94rules1. Nice passes on the video! :D

94!