NHL'94 Forums

Inside NHL '94, Official Guide

what a steal...picked up this gem on amazon.com a used book 4 bucks + shipping...250 pages of NHL 94 fun...granted its for gens, snes and the pc version but what the hell...just typed in nhl 94 into amazon and its like the 2nd listing down...anyone else got one?

here is a link to the cover...note didnt order from these guys but used from amazon.com

http://www.ecampus.com/book/1566861136

anyway here is the small review: (really just a table of contents)

chapter 1: Rules of the game pages 1-8

chapter 2: Facing off on the Sega Genesis and SNES systems pages 9-72

chapter 3: Skating through NHL Hockey for the PC pages 73-102

chapter 4: The 1992-1993 NHL season pages 103-118

chapter 5: The 1993-1994 NHL season pages 119-122

chapter 6: CyberSports ratings (the author of the book rerates all players in a later chapter with this formula) pages 123-130

chapter 7: the National Hockey League Teams (every teams ratings and all that) pages 131-240

chapter 8: The Great one (whole 6 pages just on you guessed it Wayne Gretzky) 241-246

index 247-251

with 32 pages of colored pics inside in the middle of the book

all in all for the price its a great nhl 94 pickup

here is a link to the used section of amazon...dont know how one site is trying to sell the book for $108.23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/156...0661&sr=8-1

and the great week continues...just got my cardset in the mail today...thanks ebay

That was you?!? Hahahaha... I was the opening bidder but had to leave for a week-long trip the next day so couldn't babysit the auction. I just half-hoped that nobody else was interested and I might sneak it through. Now that I know someone here won, I'm glad I wasn't around. No use two NHL94.com'ers driving the price up on each other.

Eventually these sets will all migrate from the hands of the unworthy to the enlightened, that's all that matters.

here is a link to the used section of amazon...dont know how one site is trying to sell the book for $108.23

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/156...0661&sr=8-1

This happens sometimes with weird out-of-print books, even if they're not actually in demand. Programs will scour the 'net to see how many of them appear to be available for sale and use scarcity algorithms to set the prices. I have a stupid little fantasy baseball book published in 1997 ($15), and over the course of about eight months I watched the online used book offers climb from about $100 to $200 to $500 to $900. I never once saw any evidence that any books actually changed hands at those prices, but the offers kept rising (and they were all oddball prices, never $900.00 but more like $893.72). I put mine out on eBay when the price got to $900 (I put mine out for far less) but the only action I got was African eBay scammers (people claiming they accidentally sent me a money order for twice the amount and to please send them a check refunding the difference along with the item to... Nigeria).

yah that was me...there was some other dude bidding too...but he never came back...how many sets do you think that there are out there..i know i didnt buy it back in 93-94 when i could have...any idea the worth of the set?...it would be funny to send EA a check now for the 19.95 plus the shipping to that address and see what would happen...i called the 800 number on the card to order and its some chat with women hotline or something!

yah that was me...there was some other dude bidding too...but he never came back...how many sets do you think that there are out there..i know i didnt buy it back in 93-94 when i could have...any idea the worth of the set?...it would be funny to send EA a check now for the 19.95 plus the shipping to that address and see what would happen...i called the 800 number on the card to order and its some chat with women hotline or something!

I'm not sure what the price guides would say, but they seem to go pretty consistently on eBay for about what you paid. Which is more than $20 plus shipping but almost exactly $20 plus shipping adjusted for inflation.

I could make an argument that as video games become more collectible (we grew up on them as kids and now we have the money to get all nostalgic - same cycle as sports collectibles, comic books, etc.) these cards could become more valuable. But I haven't seen it yet.

Can someone make a .pdf of it?

Heh, I was just about to write:

hort22: So how are you coming along with getting a scanner?

:blink:

Basicly aiming at the same thing there... Would be awesome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Can you tell us the contents of the guide? A few scans, at least?

for one.. read the contents..

anyway here is the small review: (really just a table of contents)

chapter 1: Rules of the game pages 1-8

chapter 2: Facing off on the Sega Genesis and SNES systems pages 9-72

chapter 3: Skating through NHL Hockey for the PC pages 73-102

chapter 4: The 1992-1993 NHL season pages 103-118

chapter 5: The 1993-1994 NHL season pages 119-122

chapter 6: CyberSports ratings (the author of the book rerates all players in a later chapter with this formula) pages 123-130

chapter 7: the National Hockey League Teams (every teams ratings and all that) pages 131-240

chapter 8: The Great one (whole 6 pages just on you guessed it Wayne Gretzky) 241-246

index 247-251

with 32 pages of colored pics inside in the middle of the book

also i asked jesus about it once. i forget what he said exactly but it was something along the lines of, not a single bit of useful information.

I guess I wont get it then...

however:

we can make a rom with this if someone uploads it.

I guess I wont get it then...

however:

we can make a rom with this if someone uploads it.

I'm thinking that you guys who play the game religiously know as much or more about what attributes are important in the game. Use Smoz's spreadsheets and make your own formulas..it's easy. I spent half a day doing it it was so damn fun.

Since Evan hasn't added any new stuff to the multimedia section in a while I'd be willing to scan my copy.

Cool, I don't have this guide and would sure love to add it to the multimedia section.

-Evan