NHL'94 Forums

New guy- where can I find a good Genesis controller..

Guest Wags13

If you are a Gens player and really want to get old school like myself, you can buy a pair a Gens pads of Ebay for $10. Then go to retrousb.com for the adapter cord that will connect your pad to your USB port for around $20 with shipping. Not a bad deal. That's what I did and it works great.

Welcome to the community!

Awesome, thanks.

When do the Spring League's start?

I heartily endorse IAmFleury'sHipCheck's advice. I will never try playing with a Gravis pad again.

Spring Leagues have been a bit delayed due to some much-needed infrastructure improvements to the site and league engines. Will probably still be a few weeks from now, but will totally be worth the wait. In the meantime, I think you'll find this to be a community with a number of avid players happy to get a few "friendlies" in.

Guest Wags13
If you are a Gens player and really want to get old school like myself, you can buy a pair a Gens pads of Ebay for $10. Then go to retrousb.com for the adapter cord that will connect your pad to your USB port for around $20 with shipping. Not a bad deal. That's what I did and it works great.

Welcome to the community!

Okay dumb question, but when I got o retrousb.com all I see are NES and SNES USB adapters. I did see the GENS one that said you had to do some soldering but not interested in that. Is that the one you bought?

Guest Wags13
I heartily endorse IAmFleury'sHipCheck's advice. I will never try playing with a Gravis pad again.

Spring Leagues have been a bit delayed due to some much-needed infrastructure improvements to the site and league engines. Will probably still be a few weeks from now, but will totally be worth the wait. In the meantime, I think you'll find this to be a community with a number of avid players happy to get a few "friendlies" in.

Yeah I read some horrible reviews of Gravis pads.

I have read some great reviews of the Logitech pads I linked below. It looks like a PS2 controller, so I assume I can configure it to work like a Genesis controller for NHL 94?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...CMP=OTC-Froogle

The Logitech controller is a great buy, reliable, look of a PS2 like you said. Can use either analog or classic Dpad with one touch of a button. Finally, you can choose either corded or cordless, with cordless being a bit more expensive but very handy.

Guest Wags13
The Logitech controller is a great buy, reliable, look of a PS2 like you said. Can use either analog or classic Dpad with one touch of a button. Finally, you can choose either corded or cordless, with cordless being a bit more expensive but very handy.

Purchased! Will have by the weekend and I have already set up the emulator and the rom.. once I have the controller you will all feel my dominance as the Penguins! :blink:

Okay dumb question, but when I got o retrousb.com all I see are NES and SNES USB adapters. I did see the GENS one that said you had to do some soldering but not interested in that. Is that the one you bought?

Hmm. No, it's not. What I bought used to be from this link:

http://www.retrousb.com/genesis.html

But now that link seems to go to a generic retrousb index page. I can't find the adapter I bought anywhere on their site. That is not a very exciting development.

Guest Wags13
Hmm. No, it's not. What I bought used to be from this link:

http://www.retrousb.com/genesis.html

But now that link seems to go to a generic retrousb index page. I can't find the adapter I bought anywhere on their site. That is not a very exciting development.

Well no worries, I await my Logitech USB controller anyway.. it would have been fun to go the true old school route, but I do that anyway with my plug and play TV NHL/Madden 95 game at home..