NHL'94 Forums

GENS is completely OBSOLETE...KEGA is the best online emulator (NO LAG AT ALL!!!!)

Guest cr0ssbar94

Yep. As I said, I never said it was obsolete. It was more of a poke at the fact that the original poster acted like Kega makes Gens look exceptionally obsolete because it can do something Zsnes has always done. That's okay, I don't expect you to understand.

Yep. As I said, I never said it was obsolete. It was more of a poke at the fact that the original poster acted like Kega makes Gens look exceptionally obsolete because it can do something Zsnes has always done. That's okay, I don't expect you to understand.

Sorry! Missed your sarcasm there and actually thought you where behaving SNES fanboy like (add a :rolleyes: for me next time ;))... thus the whole zbattle saga and beyond... because I too was rather annoyed at the Gens obsolete statement made in the first post.

It's kind of apples and oranges anyway. What does a genesis emulator have to do with an SNES emulator? The claim of gens being obsolete (at least from my interpretation) is because Kega plays such a smoother game online. It really has nothing to do with which manner of connecting players is more advanced.

It's kind of apples and oranges anyway. What does a genesis emulator have to do with an SNES emulator? The claim of gens being obsolete (at least from my interpretation) is because Kega plays such a smoother game online. It really has nothing to do with which manner of connecting players is more advanced.

precisely! :rolleyes:

Understand the argument I was fighting and in what circumstance.... you know... cause ZSNES still uses kaillera which makes it absolutely obsolete as I need to know my opponents IP... Gens uses Zbattle which I am certified in which makes Kega obsolete as well because I can never get anyone to connect.... localhost is apparently my machine's IP, but my opponent cannot connect via it!

Forget the apples and oranges, just sit back and giggle, it time to go bananas.

No, I got it. Got that it had nothing to do with what the poster actually wrote. Don't bother explaining, just keep repeating yourself. ;)

Incorrect.

Also Incorrect. The original post very much had to do with the method of connecting players.

Basically, you open NHL 94, then go to "file", then "netlplay", and whomever is hosting, type in your IP address. THATS IT!!!! If you dont know your ip, go here:

LOOK all you have to do is type your IP and thats it!! NO disconnects either!!

I understand where you're coming from in trying to prove your point, and I suppose that's all that matters anyway.

Perhaps you're just defensive because I made fun of people discussing networking terms they don't really understand (for which I apologize, it was rude to do so). Not a problem, I've grown tiresome of this thread. Have a nice day! :ninja:

Incorrect.

Also Incorrect. The original post very much had to do with the method of connecting players.

I understand where you're coming from in trying to prove your point, and I suppose that's all that matters anyway.

Perhaps you're just defensive because I made fun of people discussing networking terms they don't really understand (for which I apologize, it was rude to do so). Not a problem, I've grown tiresome of this thread. Have a nice day! :ninja:

I guess that means I can have the last word, so here it is. You didn't understand the original poster's intent when making the post; that Kega simply plays a better online game than gens does. The way that you connect to someone is secondary. The poster was simply making known the process.

If it's funny to you that others are speaking in simplistic terms about networking maybe you should consider that not everyone has a background in networking, not only the posters but the people who will be reading their posts. I'm not trying to extend this discussion so much as I am trying to stick up for the original poster, who only was reporting his experience with Kega.

Have you even tried Kega?

I guess that means I can have the last word, so here it is. You didn't understand the original poster's intent when making the post; that Kega simply plays a better online game than gens does. The way that you connect to someone is secondary. The poster was simply making known the process.

If it's funny to you that others are speaking in simplistic terms about networking maybe you should consider that not everyone has a background in networking, not only the posters but the people who will be reading their posts. I'm not trying to extend this discussion so much as I am trying to stick up for the original poster, who only was reporting his experience with Kega.

Sure if you think so.

And f**k no. Why would I do that?

• 2 months later...
Guest cr0ssbar94
I too was rather annoyed at the Gens obsolete statement made in the first post.

If something like that annoys you, you need to get laid dude. :lol:

Guest cr0ssbar94

Been using KEGA and playing NHLPA 93 with some friends online for a few weeks now. I find it hard to go back to playing 94, because 93 kicks its ass in so many different ways. KEGA's gameplay is virtually flawless. GENS is f**king s**t and it fucks up the gameplay so much. I find even minor lagging to be horrible now, because playing on KEGA is like playing on a console right next to someone. Anyway thanks for the defense. I dont know anything about networking, I just know KEGA kicks the living crap out of GENS and nothing will change that opinion for me. I guess that offends some people here. LOL, weird f**king people. They need to chill, if you like GENS good for you. :lol: