NHL'94 Forums

Devils Coach Delgado Resigns, World Rejoices

SSiG

Parcells_64120.jpg

We've Seen the Last of This Man...For Now

He finally cracked.

Tom Delgado resigned as Devils head coach and GM late last night after a meeting with owner John McMullen (RIP IRL). Apparantly he was about to be fired within the week, so McMullen gave Delgado one last chance to step down and save face. Delgado accepted, and walked away from his "dream job" with a fraction of the dignity he had when he took the job.

"This is a rather disappointing day for me. I was hoping I could last longer around here, but when you go 8-56 in 64 games as team coach/GM, you can't expect to last long at all. Mr. McMullen made the right decision in firing me, and I wish the Devils nothing but the best under a new coach and GM. I harbor no ill-will towards Mr. McMullen, and hope that I may work for him again at some other time." Delgado went on to say that he has accepted a job with the administration of the Gens Draft League as an analyst and lead article writer.

"I look forward to my new challenge covering the GDL, and hopefully as a spectator to what's going on, I can start to enjoy myself again." Delgado said as he was taking his stuff out of his old office.

When informed of Delgado's resignation, Devils captain Doug Gilmour seemed to be indifferent. "Meh, he's not a big loss. I'll tell you why he lost: He didn't plug Molson Beer, the official beer of the GDL!"

Some other responses..

Darcy Wakaluk: :lol:

Esa Tikkanen: *mix of Finnish and Japanese* :o

Jon Casey: Jungle Boogie! Jungle Boogie! Jungle Boogie! Jungle Boogie!

Scott Stevens: I'M GONNA AVENGE OUR COACH! I'M GONNA GIVE ERIC LINDROS A CONCUSSION!!!

Randy Wood: *sucks thumb* What?

Chris Kontos: He wasn't sexy enough. I should coach and GM this team, I'm the sexiest hockey player alive!