NHL'94 Forums

When the game genie sucks....

noobi

I was playing a playoff game against Tampa Bay (yeah, I know) using the Pens. I was having one of my best games ever, and with less than a minute into the 2nd period, I was up 11-0. At this point, I was thinking that I was going to reach a 20 pt game. However, I moved my leg, and the game froze. I was sitting on my bed at the time, and the Genesis was too, and I guess the bump was too much for it. In case anyone is wondering, I was only using the game genie to change the color of the ice. I guess I'll press on and try to recreate that great game, but it's a bummer. Joe Mullen was on FIRE! He had a hat trick in the opening period. I kinda feel bad for the guy.... :lol:

you must abandon your console. put it in the closet and use it for holidays only. pc style is clearly the way to go. especially, when you are like me and your computer monitor is superior to your television. hehe. besides, you can't play the greatest hack of all time on your console: NHL '91 by clockwise.

post-646-1176780006_thumb.jpg

I still need to get a USB game controller before I switch to pc. I have a feeling though, once I get involved with editing the rom, just like I do with another favorite of mine (Tecmo Super Bowl for the NES) I won't want to go back to the console. I still want to pull off a 20 point game though, before I put the Genesis away for good. That might not sound like much, but it's something for me to shoot for. I figure if I can beat the Pens 15-0 with the Panthers, I should be able to hit 20 eventually using the Pens.