NHL'94 Forums

need help organizing waiting list

dmitry

i would greatly appreciate it if some owners that are currently in the league could organize a waiting list and help me select owners. if you wait for me to get it done then it is going to hold up the league. right now we seem to have random guys coming in and staking claims to teams, and that is not going to work. i don't want guys playing under other people's names by sharing passwords or whatever else is going on now either.

ideally i would be able to change or add an owner anytime it's needed simply by looking at an updated list. if you guys want to form a small committee or something, that would work too. thanks

I figured I might as well give it a shot and try and help. If we're gonna go with first come first server, I went through the draft league forum and searched for people posting that they wanted in after the draft had started. It's arranged by date and time:

dalstarsfan March 25th 1:27 PM

Byatch1979 March 26th 12:54 PM

zax450 April 12th 2:18 PM

Wags13 April 12th 2:35 PM

Kgman April 13th 9:48 PM

stan April 14th 10:55 PM

JacketsNash April 15th 6:30 PM

BrownMagic April 15th 8:30 PM

I'm gonna keep checking to see if I missed anyone or somebody asked to get into the league earlier. Of course, somebody could have just sent you a messege on AIM to ask to get in before all of this, so of course this isn't close to being completely accurate. Hopefully it helps a bit though, I'll edit this if I find something I didn't notice.

Guest Wags13
thanks. kgman had asked before anyone else, so i gave him the devils. looks like hokkeefan is staying around for now. i will come back to this next time we need someone.

I love how you are rewarding an owner who can do the worst possible thing to an online league- quitting mid season- and giving him his team back. Especially when its widely known he has a history of this before.. but I am just a "troublemaker" for pointing this out.

No wonder you guys have all day to play..

I love how you are rewarding an owner who can do the worst possible thing to an online league- quitting mid season- and giving him his team back. Especially when its widely known he has a history of this before.. but I am just a "troublemaker" for pointing this out.

Hokkeefan has more history here than most of us. He is well liked in the community, unlike yourself, and that's why people cut him some slack. You want people in a league that you enjoy and aren't going to cause waves.

With that said, here's a suggestion, Douche-Bigelow, why don't you come back from your vacation in Wacky Land and make an attempt to get along with some people around here? Don't promote you're this great player before you've even played people here... and then when you lose (repeatedly) tell someone "pfft... you're not that good anyway". Who wants a guy around like that?

With that said, here's a suggestion, Douche-Bigelow, why don't you come back from your vacation in Wacky Land and make an attempt to get along with some people around here? Don't promote you're this great player before you've even played people here... and then when you lose (repeatedly) tell someone "pfft... you're not that good anyway". Who wants a guy around like that?

So Wags has done this to you too, EA? Not extremely classy.

Guest Wags13

Jamonica see http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic...amp;#entry15524 for a better explanation of the supposed beef between me and EA.

EA- i don't think you are the arbiter of who and who isn't well liked in this community. True, I have only been around for a couple weeks, but I have made some friends and believe that I have improved the quality of the community with my play, and with my "attitude". Whatever rep hokkee fan has earned here is beyond me, seeing how he frequently joins and quits leagues. :P

you sure know how to sweet-talk your way into a league. hokkefan will play his games, and that's all i care about. if not i'll find someone else, if it's ok with you of course.

Guest Wags13
you sure know how to sweet-talk your way into a league. hokkefan will play his games, and that's all i care about. if not i'll find someone else, if it's ok with you of course.

It's your league sir...but are you sure he will play his games?

Jamonica see http://nhl94.com/forum/index.php?showtopic...amp;#entry15524 for a better explanation of the supposed beef between me and EA.

WAGS13, you're right, I don't have any prior knowledge of your supposed beef with Eric Anthony. I'm not really sure how that changes a fairly poor attitude shown by you when we've played in the past? Unless you just mean that your poor sportmanship is consistant from game-to-game? :P

So Wags has done this to you too, EA? Not extremely classy.

I take it when you say "too", you have crossed paths with Wags (aka The Duke of Awesome) as well. This guy joins the community and then shits on everyone.

I understand there's going to be people that you get along with and some you don't, that's fine. But when you come in spouting how great you are, then start ripping on your opponents (after you lose mind you), then posting opinions about people that are in a league you're not even involved with, then basically giving your own two cents on how that league should be run and to top it off, not realizing what an @sshole you are the entire time... well, it's obvious to me that the only class this guy has is for his GED preparation. By the way, good luck with that test Wags.

Guest Wags13
I take it when you say "too", you have crossed paths with Wags (aka The Duke of Awesome) as well. This guy joins the community and then shits on everyone.

I understand there's going to be people that you get along with and some you don't, that's fine. But when you come in spouting how great you are, then start ripping on your opponents (after you lose mind you), then posting opinions about people that are in a league you're not even involved with, then basically giving your own two cents on how that league should be run and to top it off, not realizing what an @sshole you are the entire time... well, it's obvious to me that the only class this guy has is for his GED preparation. By the way, good luck with that test Wags.

When did I spout how great I was by the way? Also if you don't like my opinion's about delinquent owners, then thats your problem, not mine. I could care less what YOU think about it because it wasn't about YOU.

It's so funny that you call me childish, etc. but then on your away message on IM you have a "playing with your mom" joke. Thats mature.

Also if you don't like my opinion's about delinquent owners, then thats your problem, not mine. I could care less what YOU think about it because it wasn't about YOU.

Actually, it's your problem. Hokkee's in the league, you're not. Deal with it.

By the way, nice added dramatic emphasis with the capital letters. What a b***h.

It's so funny that you call me childish, etc. but then on your away message on IM you have a "playing with your mom" joke. Thats mature.

Making terrible attempts of degrading someone else as a comeback isn't what I would call mature.

I love how you are rewarding an owner who can do the worst possible thing to an online league- quitting mid season- and giving him his team back.

Even if Hokkee wasn't accepted back, you wouldn't have been first in line.

It's your league sir...but are you sure he will play his games?

Yes. He will. He plays more than you. He enjoys this game more than you do. And we know this through experience... from my experiences reading your posts on the board, you are assuming you were the sole proprietary owner of NHL94, and you are it's king, thus you deserve all rights to be placed in any league you wish, and you will suffer no insolence from us lesser beings. My suggestion to you is to play a lot of the more vocal posters on this board (with politeness and dignity), make a good name for yourself, and you will find perhaps that your name will be ahead of other guys on the list who may not be able to play as much.

Guest Wags13
Making terrible attempts of degrading someone else as a comeback isn't what I would call mature.

Even if Hokkee wasn't accepted back, you wouldn't have been first in line.

Yes. He will. He plays more than you. He enjoys this game more than you do. And we know this through experience... from my experiences reading your posts on the board, you are assuming you were the sole proprietary owner of NHL94, and you are it's king, thus you deserve all rights to be placed in any league you wish, and you will suffer no insolence from us lesser beings. My suggestion to you is to play a lot of the more vocal posters on this board (with politeness and dignity), make a good name for yourself, and you will find perhaps that your name will be ahead of other guys on the list who may not be able to play as much.

Degrading someone? All I said is the guy has a track record of joining and quitting leagues? I didn't assume that- I read that from others posts.

How could you possibly know that he enjoys the game more than I do?

When did I ever say I was the owner, king, and sole proprietary owner of NHL 94? Where do you come up with this stuff? If you don't like me cause I am new, thats fine, but tell me one thing I've said that is incorrect about hokkee and I will take it back.

All of these things are insinuated in your posts. Acting clueless isn't a defense.

It's time to start anew, Wags. We are always looking for more people to play, so it isn't good to start burning bridges as soon as you walk in. I don't have any personal arguments with you, so I would like to play you sometime. My IM name is MattHurray. I don't have yours yet, what is it?

Guest Wags13
All of these things are insinuated in your posts. Acting clueless isn't a defense.

It's time to start anew, Wags. We are always looking for more people to play, so it isn't good to start burning bridges as soon as you walk in. I don't have any personal arguments with you, so I would like to play you sometime. My IM name is MattHurray. I don't have yours yet, what is it?

Well no offense, but simply because you think something is insinuated doesn't make it so. Thats a very illogical argument.

I added you to my buddy list but have rarely saw you online, usually I play in the evenings when I get the chance- my IM is WagsTH

Maybe now that my Pens got bumped I will have some more free time- see you around!

Well no offense, but simply because you think something is insinuated doesn't make it so. Thats a very illogical argument.

I added you to my buddy list but have rarely saw you online, usually I play in the evenings when I get the chance- my IM is WagsTH

Maybe now that my Pens got bumped I will have some more free time- see you around!

Hurray, just remember this little jewel... whatever you do, don't ask if he wants to switch teams. LOL

Guest Wags13
Hurray, just remember this little jewel... whatever you do, don't ask if he wants to switch teams. LOL

..and whatever you do, don't host a game vs. EA and take Chicago first.. LOL

Dangit, I thought I'd come back from work to about 50 more angry posts. I guess the world is just getting a little bit happier all the time.

p.s. Wags, your Socratic observations are a little faulty. You see me online "rarely" because you have never seen me online. Only people on my buddy list can see me. I like it that way, but I just added you so send me an IM whenever you want to play.

2ndly about insinuating posts..... if what you said could be interpreted in such a way that it is different than you intend (such as an angry or sarcastic tone being used).... then perhaps you need to reword what you say to prevent misunderstandings. There is nothing "illogical" about suggesting you insinuated certain things. It's a good idea to be careful not to step on anyone's toes, because a lot of us on this board have gigantic Shaq-like feet.

3rdly.... they are my Pens as well... the playoffs are now over :)

bumping this up.

a couple of the guys on top of the list have disappeared. if edmonton doesn't show up by midnight tonight, i will be replacing him. wags seems to be the most active unless one of the guys above him speaks up.

bumping this up.

a couple of the guys on top of the list have disappeared. if edmonton doesn't show up by midnight tonight, i will be replacing him. wags seems to be the most active unless one of the guys above him speaks up.

Wags is definitely the most active. I just hope he chills out if he gets into this league.

stan(aim:sciaticattack) will move to top of list if wags gets himerjj's team. i think those other guys have disappeared. if not someone correct me.

Who is this sciaticattack guy? He just joined the site but he plays like he's been playing NHL online for awhile. Is he just that good of a rookie or does anyone smell a rat? I think he's a veteran in brand noob clothing myself.