NHL'94 Forums

something seems very off

Ok guys, whats the deal??? This is game is not the same as on the console. Someone needs to spill the beans. Was the game tweeked??? All I have come across are guys who put bure, fluery, selanne,,,,,,,,, at center and play for a break. And it is impossible to check. Come on, someone come clean, whats with this game!!!

Ok guys, whats the deal??? This is game is not the same as on the console. Someone needs to spill the beans. Was the game tweeked??? All I have come across are guys who put bure, fluery, selanne,,,,,,,,, at center and play for a break. And it is impossible to check. Come on, someone come clean, whats with this game!!!

My best guess is that your opponents are more different than your platform.

I recently retired my Sega Genesis console, but I never noticed a difference between the emulated game and the console game.

The reason people put bure, selanne, fleury, etc at centre is because they are better scorers and are harder to body check. The checking is based one weight: the lower the weight of the player, the harder they are the knock over, and the better they are at checking other players.

I recently retired my Sega Genesis console, but I never noticed a difference between the emulated game and the console game.

The reason people put bure, selanne, fleury, etc at centre is because they are better scorers and are harder to body check. The checking is based one weight: the lower the weight of the player, the harder they are the knock over, and the better they are at checking other players.

I didn't know about the checking in relation to weight until I joined up here. But then the question remains, what is the checking stat used for? There's been speculation that it measures how well someone can poke check. What are people's thoughts? I've been wondering about this for awhile.

I didn't know about the checking in relation to weight until I joined up here. But then the question remains, what is the checking stat used for? There's been speculation that it measures how well someone can poke check. What are people's thoughts? I've been wondering about this for awhile.

I thought I read somewhere that the Checking rating had something to do with AI checking. But now of course I can't seem to find it. Maybe I dreamed it.

I'm am pretty sure the Checking rating is for AI. It represents how frequently an AI player will check. If you play against Boston, watch Ray Bourque (99 checking rating). He will destroy your guys repeatedly, even when they don't have the puck.