NHL'94 Forums

The SSiG Spotlight

SSiG

Happier Times in New Jersey Thanks to kgman

There's a new sheriff in town, and he in his short time in the GDL has brought more wins than this analyst has in his lifetime!

When kgman took over for the disgraced SSiG, the entire league shook in their loafers, because quite frankly...when kgman enters the rink, everyone else goes the other way. A 9-7 record in his first 16 has Devils fans on cloud nine again for the first time since they got their first GDL win last season, albeit it was around 20 games in.

Doug Gilmour has since dropped his spokesperson image, and has gone back to being the fast-paced, action-oriented superstar that the Devils and coach kgman can be proud of. "I used to plug beer, but that was because coach Delgado asked us to be characters. Now that kgman is around, I can be myself again and help this team win" Gilmour said of the current situation. Under kgman, Jon Casey has seen his performance go up big time as well. "We're in a whole new groove with our new coach. I loved coach Delgado, but we weren't a cohesive unit. We were doing our own things, and I really think that's what threw us into such a terrible slump" Casey told me as he left the practice facility.

Obviously I think these guys were sucking up to me because I now hold a position of some importance in the league, and that I can rip these guys in the headlines if I feel the need to. Nonetheless, kgman has the Devils in a New JERSEY state of mind. Let's see where that takes them.

belichick8.jpg

KGman Raises his Fist in Victory